“The Palms Hotel ISLE OF PALMS, SC”

The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had reservations a couple doors down at a different Hotel but when we went to our room we were really disappointed and got a refund. I called The Palms a few doors down on Ocean Blvd.
The front desk person who answered the phone was very nice and told me she would be glad to let me examine a couple of the rooms in advance before I agreed to stay there. We came in the office and was greeted by Kia and Abby who were awesome. We were given 2 keys and really liked one of the rooms. Because of their helpfulness and great personalities we decided to stay an extra day. Over all, we were very happy with our experience while staying here at The Palms for 4 days and nights. I would recommend it if you are looking for a Hotel at Isle of Palms, SC.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

The staff and I really appreciate this guest taking the time to write a review for the hotel. Jakia (Kia) and Abagail (Abby) were really excited that the guests were impressed with their customer service. We want to thank these guests for recommending our hotel to others and we do hope they will return to stay with us soon.

There are newer reviews for The Palms Oceanfront Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

To make this as brief as possible as soon as I checked in my 3 night stay turned into only 1 night. The room was filthy. Layers of dust on everything (light fixtures, bathroom fan). Carpets are stained and dirty. The faucet in the shower was broken. The metal on door frames was chipped and rusted. The room looked as if it were furnished with furniture that they picked up off of the street 20 years ago. The location and view are ideal. Whoever owns the property should be ashamed to offer that trash as living quarters, especially at those prices. I have clients that live in welfare motels that have better conditions. The owner cannot be proud of that mess.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Classicpie
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I appreciate this guest providing their feedback. I do regret to read that they were not satisfied with their accommodations. The issues mentioned have been taken to heart. I do want to apologize to this guest, especially since they felt they had to make other arrangements for their vacation. I would like to ask this guest to consider returning to stay. We are working on improving our facility, and would like this guest and others that were unhappy to come and experience the type of service and product we are confident we can provide.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are going to stay here get an ocean view room. This is an otherwise average hotel. Loved the daily newspaper delivery though and easy beach access. Small pool is hardly worth mentioning but maybe appreciated by parents of small children.

Room Tip: Be aware that if you are in an end room loud music from next door may delay sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We appreciate this guest taking the time to provide their feedback. We are glad they enjoyed their oceanfront room and the newspaper delivery. While our pool isn't especially large, it is the largest pool offered at an oceanfront hotel on the island. We do hope this guest will be returning to stay with us.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Too bad this is the best hotel option on the beach at the Isle of Palms. It was kind of beat up and not altogether clean. Good location on the beach, but most rooms faced the side of the building, and our room on the first floor was directly over a bar patio that played live music until 10 o'clock each night. We didn't mind the music too much, because we were mostly out at dinner at that time of night. Couldn't see the ocean very well from our room. The beach here is flat and good for walking, but a little crowded.

Room Tip: If you're expecting an ocean view/breezes, you'll have to pony up for one of the oceanview s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate this guest providing feedback about their stay with us. We regret to read that they were not overly satisfied with their accommodations. However, we always appreciate the feedback because the opinions of our guests are important to us. We do hope this guest plans to give us another try and maybe stay in the oceanfront room next time.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

As everyone has stated it is right on the beach and great location. The problems with the hotel are as follows: 1. room was dingy and wet feeling. 2. carpet was absolutely disgusting. 3. hotel seems old and not updated. This place needs a major renovation. Paint was peeling and there were brown stains above shower. 4. The worst part for us was the noise outside the room. There is a bar next door and music was loud and went on late into the night that made it difficult to sleep (esp. with young kids). The A/C in the room was so close to the bed that I wasn't able to sleep on my right side due to the air being blown right in my face. If I turned it off the dinginess got worse. Its a lose, lose situation. At checkout, I learned the parking they provide you is actually charged for. Hence, they added on an additional $20 to my bill at the end. Would not recommend to anyone. I wish now I would have paid the extra money and stayed somewhere cleaner/nicer (although at over $200 bucks a night you would expect this)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Allen G
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I do regret to read the review of this unsatisfied guest. I want to apologize for all the inconveniences they experienced. We do actually inform guests of the possibility of music and we definitely inform guests that during the peak season there is a charge for parking. I am obviously not sure how this guest made their reservations, but I do want to apologize if they in fact were not informed. We will take this review to heart and make improvements where needed. I want to thank this guest for taking the time to provide their feedback.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We checked in and every thing was ready/ We couldn't wait for the elevator, so we took the stairs. Not a big deal. The only issue really is the "breakfast". It is hilarious and will make you feel like you're being filmed for Candid Camera -- or for you younger folk Punked, The other perk is the location. Apparently. LOCATION LOCATON LOCATION is alive and well.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback about their stay. I am delighted that they enjoyed the location. I am sorry they weren't satisfied with the complimentary continental breakfast. It appears they were happy with the other features of their stay, and I do hope they will return to see us again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm typing this for my aunt Pat N. She stayed at this place because she was told she would have an ocean view: Her view was the interior hallway where its a constant 95 degrees. NOT because of the sun, Its hot in the hallway because all of the AC units are mounted toward them and all of the hot air is blown into this enclosed hallway. So every time you open your door, you're pulling in the hot air that's being taken out! The hallway is shaped like the inside of a prison. All doors AND windows facing each other...You open your window and look inside someone elses! Woke up with roaches on the wall. When my aunt told the person at the front desk, that person said "The next time you see it, let us know and WE'LL go in and kill it." She and the family left feeling lied to and dirty. She's still nervous she brought roaches back into her home.... This was a birthday weekend for her daughter. Sad. So the final opinion::::::::::::::
BAD=
Always hot in the room even at night, she used Advil PM so she could finally go to sleep. Paid for ocean view but they didn't get one. Roaches crawling around in their stuff. No one at the office seemed to care that she was extremely disappointed and didn't offer to make it right. Price=paid over $400.00 for a Sunday night and Monday night. WOW.
GOOD=
Location

When I showed up there to visit with them for a day, I was disappointed. It was just as they said it was. Hot, dirty and no one seemed to care...She asked me not to go back to the front desk to complain, and asked me to type her review instead. She stated "We will not come back, even if it were free!" I agreed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Dalee T
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I was very disappointed to read this review. Just as I extend the invitation to every dissatisfied guest, I would like to extend this guest the opportunity to reach out to me and discuss their stay further. I would like to apologize for the issues this guest encountered and the lack of concern that was shown by the staff members that were communicated with. I also want to thank this guest for taking the time to provide their feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant
Belmond Charleston Place
Belmond Charleston Place
#13 of 61 in Charleston

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!