“Very nice place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Canton, Georgia
“Very nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed during the month of November, off season. Great price, free parking, the staff is extremely nice. Beach was clean, people in the ocean! Restaurant and stores are all open.
Will plan it again for next year!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so delighted that they were satisfied with their accommodations and the customer service received. Coming to the beach in the off season is a plus because of the free parking, and the beach is not nearly as crowded as during the summer. It is also fairly good weather still in November to enjoy the beach. I do look forward to these guests staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

After reading all the reviews concerning the bad smell in these rooms, I was ready to complain and try to get a refund from my Priceline win for this Hotel. I had it all planned out. The hotel is old. The elevator is slow. I liked the breezeway that they have built into the hallways. Nice so you can get a good cross breeze into your room if needed between the door and the balcony. We actually used that all weekend. I entered the room expecting a strong smell but was surprised there wasn’t any odor in the room. Yes, it’s old, outdated, but who cares? When on vacation why would you want to stay in your room other than to sleep or rest. There were a couple of hairs on the sheets. The bathroom floor and shower floor were a little dingy, some from wear, some from lack of cleaning. There was definitely some deep cleaning needed but nothing was dirty that bothered me. I’m talking about in the corners, dust on the doors and mirrors and such. I had the heat on at first but later it got too warm so I turned the air on. That’s when the aroma of urine filled the air. I feel that at least in my room on the 3rd floor that the smell is coming from air conditioner. I quickly turned the ac off and just used the balcony door to cool off the room. Saturday night the elevator wasn’t working but it was on Sunday morning. It must have just needed to reset or something. I only used the continental breakfast to get some hot chocolate for my sore throat. I will say that it didn’t look good at all. The person working to keep it up was very rude one morning but Sunday morning she actually said hi.

Room Tip: Don't use the air conditioner
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank outbackpaul
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I really appreciate the time this guest took to write a review for the hotel. The honesty in their feedback is important to us and helps us to improve in areas that we can control. I do want to apologize for the inconveniences this guest experienced. I also would like to apologize for the attitude of the breakfast hostess. I will be sharing this guest's comments with her and with housekeeping. I regret that this guest did not have a conversation with management while they were here, but again having the information now is helpful. I do hope this guest will return to stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Isle of Palms hotels

Lexington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I used points to reserve a king ocean view room for one night. I needed to stay an extra night (that I was paying for) but was unable to have the king room for both nights so I settled for an interior room with double beds. The window is to an open ended inside corridor. Very noisy with AC and other guests. The worst part was when I pulled back the bed covers to find sheets with hair all over them. After politely complaining to the desk clerk I was given a clean set of sheets to replace the obvious soiled sheets. The clerk managed a half-hearted apology and said he would make a note of what occured. I never received a call or acknowlegment from management. If your're staying in an ocean front room you might be okay, but there is no deck or outdoor facilities on the oceanfront. Will not stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
The time this guest took to write a review for us was appreciated. I do want to apologize for the guest finding the sheets in that condition. That is certainly not acceptable. I also want to apologize for the clerk's half-hearted apology. He did make a notation of the situation and we definitely addressed it with housekeeping. Even though this guest said they would never return to stay with us, I do hope they would reconsider, and come and experience the service indicative of The Palms Hotel.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed for one night for the Southern Ground Festival. We had to check in late since we were at the concert all day. They were accommodating for the late arrival and they were waiting for us to arrive. The room was on the third floor and had a side view to the ocean. The room was clean and spacious for a regular king hotel room. The ice machine on the third floor was not working properly so we had to go to the first floor. Also the machine requires a room key to get ice. We didn't get to enjoy the pool or beach during this quick trip, but I would return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I would like to thank this guest so much for writing a review for the hotel. It is unfortunate that their stay was so short, but I am glad that they found their accommodations to be clean and spacious. I do hope they return soon and will be able to stay a lot longer next time. I want to thank them again for their time in sharing their review.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I liked how the hotel was so close to everything. We literally walked everywhere from our hotel. It is right on the beach and there are several places to eat right beside the hotel. Shopping is close but better shopping is 20 minutes away in Charleston. The pool is pretty small but looked pretty clean and their continental breakfast was decent. We had a King Suite with an Ocean view which was nice but slightly below my standards.

Room Tip: There are maybe 12-16 rooms with an ocean view. We were second floor in the middle with a view and l...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I really appreciate this guest's review. I was glad to read that they enjoyed their view of the ocean and the convenience of having dining and some shopping close by. I do agree the shopping in downtown Charleston is wonderful. Again, I really appreciate this guest's time, and I thank them for writing a review.
Rogersville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our second trip to Isle of Palms, and our second stay at The Palms. We go in October which is great weather and not very many people. We arrived, unloaded our things, parked our car, and never got back in it until we were ready to leave. The beach is beautiful and not crowded. The hotel is older, but it was clean and quiet. Relaxing was all we wanted. We ate at the places next door and the pizza shop across the street. The hotel provided an adequate breakfast. When we were ready to leave, our car didn't start, but no problem. A fireman, at the firehouse nearby, gave us a hand and we were off in ten minutes. Friendly people, uncrowded beach, and relaxation made it a great experience. Maybe not the most exciting place for the young people, but just perfect for us.

Room Tip: We were in a partial view. It was great.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Islander084, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I want to start out with thanking this guest for being a repeat guest. I was so delighted to read that this guest again enjoyed their stay. It is always nice to read when a guest is able to relax during their stay, that is the point of taking a vacation. When I read that a guest can park their car and never get back into it until they leave, it makes me feel good. It was also nice to read of the help they received from the Fire Department. They really are a great group of men and women. I do hope this guest comes back to see us again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

There were only 2 hotels on the isle of palms so we could not be too picky. It is an older hotel and needs updating. The elevator will take you 3 times longer than the stairs. The unloading zone is ridiculous - you get blocked in and cant get out - parking is across the street behind the shops there. If you are looking at a short stay with a short drive into Charleston, it is acceptable. There are not any restaurants nearby but Charleston is only 2o min away. The breakfast at the hotel is acceptable.

Room Tip: The only rooms with a true view are the oceanfront on the 3rd level and up. I would not pay for the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate this guest taking the time to write a review for our hotel. They were not overly impressed with our facilities, but I am glad they found some positives. I just want to clear up that there are restaurants near the hotel, there are at least 5 within walking distance. There are also a few others on the island that are a short drive, not to mention the restaurants on our neighboring island that are also a short drive. However, driving into Charleston is nice, and there are tons of options there. I want to thank this guest for their time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,273 reviews

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!