“Awesome parasailing”

Tidalwave Watersports
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Isle of Palms
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tidalwave Watersports is one of the world’s best parasailing and watersports companies. Located on both the Isle of Palms and Charleston, South Carolina, Tidalwave Watersports offers parasailing, waverunner rentals, safari tours, banana boat rides, wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing, harbor cruises, as well as custom charters. Whether you are an advanced watersports enthusiast or just a novice, our USCG Captains and certified guides can assure you that you will have a great on water experience. Tidalwave Watersports is open 7 days a week during the summer and by appointment during the off season. Please visit our website for more details and pricing. Tidalwave Watersports comes to you! By reservations only we offer pickup services throughout Charleston, SC. You must pre-arrange all pickups when placing your activity reservation. Our convenient Charleston, SC pickup locations: 360 Concord St, Charleston SC 29401 145 Lockwood Dr, Charleston, SC 29403 10 Warfside Street Charleston SC 29401
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Went back again for the 2nd time in 2 years. My teenage girls went by themselves this time and had a blast. The operators always do a great job of educating everyone about what they will be doing and ensure that you feel safe. They are very conscience about the weather and concerns you have. Great value.

1  Thank TheRodgers2015
in 22 reviews
"saw dolphins"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed October 22, 2015

Living in Charleston for 14 years and this is the first time I've done a jet ski tour. The 2-hour tour (because we all know what happens on a 3-hour tour) with Tidalwave was perfect. The right amount of time to get a good amount of time on the jet skis, some free time partway through the trip, and a decent 25 minute ride out to capers along the intercoastal was perfect. Fast enough to enjoy the ride, long enough to take in some of the great local scenery, and not so long that those of us that aren't used to doing this sort of thing every day were too sore from bouncing through the waves and holding on that you were eager to jump off.

I'm going to try to get my boy out here with me when the season opens again next spring and I'll certainly keep it on my short list of fun afternoon excursions when people come to visit us in Charleston.

If you've not done jet skis before, this is a good way to give it a try. They are easy to operate with a simple start/stop button and a squeeze trigger for throttle. Easy to steer. The staff helps you bring the jets in and get you started. The skis are for 3 people and I would definitely feel safe bringing my 9 year old on the skis with me next time. They do run at a good speed on the trip, but the intercoastal is very smooth so it is not a "crazy ride".

Great job & great tour Tidalwave. I'll be back!

Reviewed September 29, 2015

I took my husband there on his birthday Sept 19 along with our kids. We had a blast parasailing and jetsking. This was our first time doing any of these sports. The staff and the owner are fabulous people. The two guys who took us out parasailing were awesome. I fell off the jetski twice( thank God for the the young man that saved me :) I went back to the office to take a break. One of the staff went back out with my husband for his birthday. While I was waiting for my family to finish there trip. The owner and I sent time talking. The entire event was so awesome. We posted pictures on FB so many of our friends and family wanted to know more information about this place. Definitely my family and I will be back. My husband is STILL talking about his birthday weekend. We could have went anywhere but I am glad I chose this place.

Reviewed September 5, 2015 via mobile

Was pretty basic, I rented a jet ski for an hour. They take you out to a specific area to ride. You spend 20 mins of the hour letting the jet ski idle to and from the dock. Not really worth the money. Would recommend the parasailing instead.

1  Thank kevinmC9366FS
See more reviews
Reviewed August 30, 2015

We had a wonderful time boating with Captain Will and Dan this morning!! My daughter is disabled, and they both took special care to be sure she felt safe and comfortable. They even got her out on the tube for an experience of her lifetime. They were both so patient and encouraging while teaching my son new water sports. Dan even got in the water with him to give him some extra help and encouragement. The ladies at the check-in counter were very kind and informative. I would definitely recommend them to anyone, adults, kids, even disabled people. I can't wait to go boating with them again!!