Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Parasailing

Today 3 generations of women/girls in my family went parasailing. We had a wonderful time, and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
BelindaDE
Lakeland, Florida
via mobile
Escape from “Rona” and get some fresh air!

Wow, what a great way to break up the monotony of the “rona!” As a local, we were looking to do... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Getoutthere0001
via mobile

All reviews jet ski safari tour tidal wave water sports high speed knee boarding wake boarding open water great ride great fun captain mark boat charter beautiful scenery a lot of fun my son an absolute blast saw dolphins
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2015

My husband and son went parasailing. They had a wonderful experience. The crew was experienced, very helpful and extremely nice. They offered free bottled water. The place is very busy so book early. My only complaint is that I would have loved to have had an observation seat on the boat so I could go along and take pictures. Unfortunately, the boat was full and no seats were available for observers.

Reviewed August 15, 2015

I'm a local and recently did a jet ski safari and parasailed for my first time. What a sweet gig. Everyone who works at Tidalwave is great. You cannot beat the jet ski tour through the barrier islands of Charleston. And, the parasailing views are obviously amazing. I'll be back.

Date of experience: August 2015
TidalwaveWatersports, Owner at Tidalwave Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2015

Thanks for the good review. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 14, 2015

The tour started 30 minutes late due to a mix up in their schedule. The guide we got was not scheduled to work our shift and came in to do our tour. He was excellent. They did not cut our tour short. And they gave us all free tee shirts to account for our delay. I would recommend to anyone.

3  Thank Jeff E

Thank you for you patience and understanding. We try to always give the customer a perfect time. Sometimes things happen. That morning there was a scheduling mix up. We do have an integrated scheduling software to limit scheduling mix-ups but occasionally they do happen. Thanks for you understanding and glad you had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

This excursion destination is located at Isle of Palms Marina. It is advertised as an hour long rental and totals $107 for a single rider. However, since you start the rental from a dock within an extensive wake zone you have to follow your guide out of the wake zone and then another distance to an area where he explains the boundaries of the riding area. They tell you it's about a 7 minute ride to the riding zone but I timed it when we returned the same route and it was over 10 minutes. That's 20 minutes round trip out of your hour rental. It was a really fun time but the experience was over before you knew it. We did see some dolphins surfacing in the riding area. They also have storage bins to leave personal items during your ride. Unless you fall off you may not even get wet.

1  Thank palmettoduo

I apoligize if there was a communication breakdown. For people's safety there is a no-wake zone in front of our dock that extends about an 1/8th of a mile up the waterway. It takes 5-7 minutes to get through. At the end of the no wake zone you still have 1.2 miles till the "free ride" area. When you reach the end of the no-wake you begin to go fast while following the guide to the riding area. This part takes about 3 minutes as most people are going 40-50mph. So yes it does take 10 minutes to reach the riding area. I apologize if the guide did not convey this properly to you. We have many people with various backgrounds and experience on the water. Most people tell us that they enjoy the fact that they get a little "practice time" before they are asked to go fast. Having a little structure at the beginning allows the guide recognize and help anyone who might need more assistance. Thank you for your review and the note about the storage bins. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself.

Reviewed August 10, 2015

Captain Mike and Mike the owner were awesome! They took great care of our kids, especially the 8 and 9 year old, who were obviously very apprehensive. They handled them like pros. I would absolutely recommend this outfit to anyone vacationing in the IOP/Seabrook Island who is looking for a fun water adventure.

1  Thank Odtrail