“Fun in the Sun”

Tidalwave Watersports
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Isle of Palms
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tidalwave Watersports is one of the world’s best parasailing and watersports companies. Located on both the Isle of Palms and Charleston, South Carolina, Tidalwave Watersports offers parasailing, waverunner rentals, safari tours, banana boat rides, wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing, harbor cruises, as well as custom charters. Whether you are an advanced watersports enthusiast or just a novice, our USCG Captains and certified guides can assure you that you will have a great on water experience. Tidalwave Watersports is open 7 days a week during the summer and by appointment during the off season. Please visit our website for more details and pricing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My new husband and I were staying on the Isle of the Palms in his family's house for our honeymoon. We wanted to not only go into the city, explore plantations, go to the beach, but also be adventurous. We decided to go on the Safari adventure that Tidalwave Watersports offers because it sounded like something we had not yet experienced together. Jordan was our tour guide and we all three hopped on Jet-Skis. He took us through the inter-coastal waterways then let us ride them around for a bit on our own in the open water. Not only is the view gorgeous, but all the locals and people we met in South Carolina were awesome and fun. Jordan informed us of the oyster population before and during the trip so as not to disturb their homes, and also, on the way back, my husband and Jordan saw a sting-ray jump out of the water. Even if I didn't see it, it was still a beautiful and amazing trip. My husband is a huge Steelers fan and the couple that owns this company is as well. When we came back to the dock, we chatted with the owner for a good while as well as a few other employees. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for an adventure...our next time visiting, we are hitting them up again and going parasailing. Thanks for the hospitality and adventures!

There are newer reviews for Tidalwave Watersports

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My family rented a motor boat for half a day for water sports with tidalwave - we had a blast. So much so we are hoping to go again tomorrow. Highly recommend them. They got our 8 year old daughter to love kneeboarding and I slalomed for the first time in years!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our second experience with Tidalwave, and they do a great job. There were ten of us, ranging in age from 14-75 years. We had a boat with tube and wake board and a jet ski, and switched out over the course of two hours. Each individual could enjoy the activity at his own "speed". Even Grandpa, at 75, tubed a little. Before choosing Tidalwave, we looked seriously at other options because some of our group wanted to pilot the boat, and Tidalwave provides a "captain". But Mark and the other guys at Tidalwave are so friendly and skilled at what they do, it is a pleasure to have them "do the driving".

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We did the Banana Boat one morning and the Waverunner Safari the next. With two kids aged 7 and 10 they both loved both trips. Plenty of speed, splashing and bumping on the banana boat with a guide who was willing to customize the thrills as the kids grew in confidence. The safari was fast and fun. Dolphins, crabs, birds and jumping fish all to see at 45mph!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I did the 90 minute safari jet ski tour with Connor as our guide (90 minutes went by very fast) and saw some dolphins along the way along with some the islands that are protected in their natural state of beauty.

My boyfriend and I went back and went parasailing and it was exhilarating! We went up together the first time then I went back up by myself and it was so much fun...they are very safety conscious, knowledgeable, funny, and will show you a great time! Definitely will be returning next year!