“What a Great Meal!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2009

My colleague and I were looking for a nice place to have dinner and enjoy the ambiance of an oceanside restaurant. I've stayed at Isle of Palms many times, but had never tried Hucks. I must say...I thoroughly enjoyed the place! Great food...the scallops risotto was out of this world! Great ambiance...live music from the deck below and a great view of the ocean. It doesn't get any better....I'll definitely be going back and also telling all of my Charleston bound friends to give it a go.

2  Thank TNTravelerErwin_TN
There are newer reviews for Hucks Lowcountry Table

Reviewed April 12, 2009

We walked in for a late lunch......they were getting ready to shut down for lil while to prep/clean for their dinner crowd......but still seated us at a table overlooking the ocean.

We were served two wonderful meals!! I had the southern fried chicken.....served over a bed of collard greens. My girl had the shrimp and grits in a spicy creole sauce. Also.....bursting with flavor!!

We then were advised to try their homemade ice cream sampler. Awesome!!

See pics.....and make sure you try it if your in the Charleston area!!!!

4  Thank funhogsinDC
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Fun place for dining and drinking at the beach.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2009

One of my favorite restaurants in the Charleston area. Love the view, especially at night at the candle-lit tables. Great seafood and steaks and love the black beans and rice as a side. Good drinks and sometimes you feel Ernest Hemingway is in some way looking over the restaurant.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 25, 2009

After reading the reviews and looking at the website, my husband and I knew we had to try Huck's while we were staying on Isle of Palms. And it was even better than we had expected! The service was exceptional....everyone was very friendly seemed genuinely glad we were there.

We were there for lunch (and were only saddened by the fact that we didn't have time to go back for another meal), on a beautiful sunny day in February and found the dining room warm and inviting. I had the maple roasted ham sandwich and my husband had the hamburger. Both were delicious, very well prepared and nicely presented. And the accompanying potato salad was fabulous!

We would definitely return to Huck's and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great meal in comfortably stylish surroundings.

1  Thank gjkov