“What a Great Restaurant!”
Review of Hucks Lowcountry Table - CLOSED

Hucks Lowcountry Table
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2009

After reading the reviews and looking at the website, my husband and I knew we had to try Huck's while we were staying on Isle of Palms. And it was even better than we had expected! The service was exceptional....everyone was very friendly seemed genuinely glad we were there.

We were there for lunch (and were only saddened by the fact that we didn't have time to go back for another meal), on a beautiful sunny day in February and found the dining room warm and inviting. I had the maple roasted ham sandwich and my husband had the hamburger. Both were delicious, very well prepared and nicely presented. And the accompanying potato salad was fabulous!

We would definitely return to Huck's and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great meal in comfortably stylish surroundings.

1  Thank gjkov

Reviewed February 7, 2009

I loved this place. I am a resident of IOP. We have many excellent restaurants on the Island, however, this is such an awesome addition I am thrilled!! The food was great, I had the buttermilk fried chicken with mashed sweet potatoes. YUMMY!! I will be visiting Huck's for many years to come.

1  Thank IsleOfPalmsKellyf
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Hucks is for me a true convention-smashing experience.

I had trouble selecting something from the menu (bison was out), and our waiter recommended the apple squash risotto + scallops. Result? Well, I have NEVER in my life demanded that all of my dinner companions sample a bite of my food, but I sure as hell did last night. The consensus was that it was amazing. I tasted that risotto for the rest of the evening (after wine, creme brulee, and Guinness ice cream) and I awoke this morning with a gustation echo ringing in my mouth.

Also of note were my wife's filet & bleu cheese risotto special. While I strongly dislike the moldy taste of bleu cheese, I found in her risotto an enjoyable balance of taste and texture. Evidently context can make anything good.

I must also say that I do not enjoy custard in general and creme brulee in particular. After a taste of my wife's dessert, however, I eyed it jealously for the remainder of our final course. I doubt any other creme brulee will surpass it.

1  Thank webmarks
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Great new restaurant recommended by our rental agent. The food was much above your standard beach fare. The beef tenderloin was high quality and actually a little undercooked - a great thing for me. The food is innovative and creative. We enjoyed it so much we ate there twice during our trip. My only criticism is that servers could be better trained but management was very hands on and checking with each table throughout the night.

2  Thank RagtopGirl
Reviewed September 28, 2008

So when I went to Huck's last week I had no idea that this place was only a few months old!! The food was absolutely amazing, from the bread, to the salads, to the two HUGE softshell crabs that were my entree. We had a little gaff with the service (a little slow) but I am attributing that to 1) being just opened, and 2) being in the south.

This place is definitely worth stopping by and the food is much better than some of the highly rated places in IoP (read: The Boathouse). I would say they only have about 20-25 tables, and although the space might feel a little cramped, the atmosphere that they have created is outstanding!

They are currently closed this week to prepare for their "fall menu." I CANNOT wait to go back next week!!!!

1  Thank pianos101