“The Lake's New Hotspot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The previous reviews have done a great job of describing Liberty on the Lake. My experience was very similar to the others. I just wanted to reiterate that my wife and I had a wonderful experience at Liberty on the Lake. The food was great, albeit a very limited menu. Having over 50 craft beers on tap should be the draw alone! The views are incredible. We sat downstairs near the bar, and so we were "inside" the restaurant, but everything is open-air, and creates a very unique atmosphere. Our server Brannon was great. We truly appreciated his service.

I highly recommend Liberty on the Lake as your new hotspot for food, drinks, and atmosphere. My wife and I will be making this a regular spot of ours for sure.

1  Thank Michael C

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a brand new restaurant on Lake Murray in the Columbia area.
Come by boat or car. You will enjoy the view and atmosphere. But
come with people you know because service is extremely slow. I am
not sure why exactly. They have plenty of staff. Rachel by far is the best
server!!! Very friendly and efficient. I find that the male bartenders are
better and more attentive than the female bartenders. Maybe because I
come by myself to wait on friends. ?? Food is very good. Limited menu.
Make sure you go upstairs and see Sydney for oyster and peel and eat
shrimp!! I would go during the week for my first visit!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The newest of restauant with many benifits including great food. Two story dinning with open air overlooking the lake and marina [with liberty boarts to rent}; you cn call in and they will bring the food to your boat or tie up and enjoy some entertainment and drinks. Its a great place for excitement, meeting people or having several friends join up. If your expecting to dine and run reservations are a must!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went to the newest restaurant on Lake Murray to see what all the fuss is about. While we had to wait for about an hour, we were able to have some drinks and watch the sunset from the deck of the restaurant. The food was pretty good. The she crab soup was only average. It was way overspiced and difficult to taste the crab. However, the crab cake made up for it! Lots of crab, seasoned just right and very little (if any) filler. Perfect! My husband raved about the Boursin burger. Cooked to order and delicious! Our server was excellent - prompt and friendly without being overly so.

They also had plenty of dock space for our boat even though it was a very crowded Friday night.

We also loved that all of the seating - inside and out - is non smoking! Yeah! Now if we can get the few smokers that were there to move away from the deck so the lake breeze doesn't send their second hand smoke into our faces, we'd have the perfect place to enjoy a lakeside supper. We will be back!

1  Thank sciencerules03
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We met a big group for a party tonight. First, there is no parking to speak of. This is a big, very loud restaurant that can hold a lot of people. And because it's big, service stunk and was disorganized. Dinner for the group took almost 3 hours. Half of the table had finished before the other half was served. The food wasn't bad, but much of it was overcooked. This was our second time here. A change in meat on a same price salad that wasn't charged for last time resulted in a $4 extra charge this time. A place like this is needed on the lake, but unless they get it together quickly this won't be it!