“Spacious rooms, nice staff and great breakfast”

Hyatt Place Columbia
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Irmo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at Hyatt Place for a family wedding. Parking was easy (and free!). The staff was incredibly nice and friendly. The lobby and rooms were clean and fresh smelling. I was very happy with our room. It was large and included a sectional sofa, a little kitchenette and two flat screen tvs. This was a great set up for my family, as we spent time in each other's rooms throughout our visit and had a nice place to sit and chat.

We used the pool as well. It was well-maintained. We had breakfast both mornings and were happy with the quality and selection of the food. There is no free coffee after breakfast closes at 10 am.

Overall, we had a great experience at the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed one night with the family. Check in was smooth and quick. Room was clean and spotless. Breakfast was good and available when promised @ 630am. Love their coffee. Check out was quick as well.

Only issue would be the plumbing is a little loud from the room next to you. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MotoCommuter
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visit a new hotel and city once a month. I found the Hyatt place to be very nice and well worth the money. 24/7 room service and the staff was very pleasant. Room was clean and I had a nice visit there. Breakfast was just fine and filling. I paid $71 for a king size bed but not many channels to chose from on the TV. Internet was kinda slow. The movie theater was only 2 miles away and shopping galore!

Room Tip: I always ask for the best room and I always let them know that I am writing a review on the hotel. I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding over the Memorial Day weekend and could not have been happier with the location. It was right off of I-26 and very close to all kinds of activities! The staff went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very large and well appointed. They also include a better than average breakfast buffet each morning. My only suggestion is to put in a hot tub by the pool (which was pretty chilly.) Great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding we were attending. The walls around our window were crumbling and moldy. You could tell this was an old hotel that they had tried to update. The next morning was Sunday / Mother's Day. We were all dressed up and coming through the lobby at 11am, the floors were wet and we almost fell because it was so slippery. Then, outside, they were power washing right in front of the entrance-with everyone checking out and going out for Mother's Day-horrible time to do that-water and dirt spraying everywhere! It is hard to pick just one thing...We requested additional towels, but the person at the front desk said we had to come get them, despite having plenty of people working and housekeepers in the hall. Also, the breakfast was not good, compared to other hotels. On a positive note, the beds were comfortable

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Giddyupandgogirl
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I spend couple nights at this hotel and I have to say it was wonderful,I did not have a problem with this hotel,room was clean and neat hotel staff were nice and pleasant and they do have a wonderful breakfast service,and it was very close to I 26 to where I was trying to be,I will definitely stay in this hotel again whenever I am in Columbia South Carolina.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Short stop over = fine, anything longer it's out of the way and requires car travel. If you dont mind that, then try BoneFish restaurant - excellent! With the exception of Crackerbarrel - the best chicken, goats cheese, strawberry salad, ever!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irmo
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
TownePlace Suites Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard

Been to Hyatt Place Columbia? Share your experiences!