Hyatt Place Columbia
$138
$125
$84
TripAdvisor
All reviewscracker barrelsectional sofawet barparking lotsitting areafront desk staffbagelsroom was spaciousgreat ratea great place to staybreakfast was deliciousopened the doorbusiness triproad tripgreat roomthe breakfast arearestaurants and shopping
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My sister lives in Irmo and I stay here everytime I visit. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. Rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfy. Next door to a Cracker Barrel so if you don't like the free continental breakfast you can walk next door and order off the menu.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a nice hotel. The hotel is modern and attractive; the rooms are clean; and the furniture/beds are comfortable. The staff is friendly and I felt safe during my stay. I would recommend staying here.
The only criticisms I have are that the continental breakfast is very basic and doesn’t include any warm foods. The other food, which can be ordered at the café, is good but pricey and the wait in line was very long. The TV channel selections are very limited (much to the disappointment of my toddler who couldn’t watch Nick or Nick Jr.) There is no microwave in the room and the hotel doesn’t have vending machines either. (They do have ice machines and I would not recommend getting a room located next to them as they are quite loud!)
We did have a minor incident upon check-in. Our request for a crib during the reservation process had been overlooked by staff, but that was quickly corrected by sending up a playpen with a blanket. (That arrangement may not work for younger babies.)

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Outstanding in every way the staff is friendly and very courteois

1  Thank biggramp
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My sister lives in Columbia and never has enough room for us and we usually stay at one of the local hotels my bro-in-law pics but decided to pick my own this time. I wish I could have stayed there longer. We had to check in around 10pm and the staff was still friendly and helpful, the lobby was really cool as there was a little bar off to the side where you could have cocktails and also another room that served your comp breakfast in the morning. Our room was a double queen on the 6th floor, I walk in and it is so clean, the living area first, with a mini fridge and sink, also a desk and couch. Then a screen to seperate you from the bedroom area. Granite countertops, beds SO clean and decorative, bath and shower seperate. Just an overall beautiful room. Next morning was the comp breakfast with Starbucks coffee, fruits and breads but you can order hot breakfasts at a reasonable rate. I was VERY pleasantly surprised at this hotel and will always stay here. Price was VERY comparable to other local hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I don't know what I would change, I had to get the 2 queens but you might try the king.
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The Hyatt Place has beautiful rooms that are very comfortable. I have stayed here many times and have been very pleased. One thing to note is that the shower floors can be very slippery. I think it may be the cleanser used. Use the bar in the shower to get in and out just to be safe.

• Stayed: November 2011