“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Irmo
Oviedo, Florida, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My sister lives in Irmo and I stay here everytime I visit. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. Rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfy. Next door to a Cracker Barrel so if you don't like the free continental breakfast you can walk next door and order off the menu.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a nice hotel. The hotel is modern and attractive; the rooms are clean; and the furniture/beds are comfortable. The staff is friendly and I felt safe during my stay. I would recommend staying here.
The only criticisms I have are that the continental breakfast is very basic and doesn’t include any warm foods. The other food, which can be ordered at the café, is good but pricey and the wait in line was very long. The TV channel selections are very limited (much to the disappointment of my toddler who couldn’t watch Nick or Nick Jr.) There is no microwave in the room and the hotel doesn’t have vending machines either. (They do have ice machines and I would not recommend getting a room located next to them as they are quite loud!)
We did have a minor incident upon check-in. Our request for a crib during the reservation process had been overlooked by staff, but that was quickly corrected by sending up a playpen with a blanket. (That arrangement may not work for younger babies.)

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Outstanding in every way the staff is friendly and very courteois

1 Thank biggramp
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My sister lives in Columbia and never has enough room for us and we usually stay at one of the local hotels my bro-in-law pics but decided to pick my own this time. I wish I could have stayed there longer. We had to check in around 10pm and the staff was still friendly and helpful, the lobby was really cool as there was a little bar off to the side where you could have cocktails and also another room that served your comp breakfast in the morning. Our room was a double queen on the 6th floor, I walk in and it is so clean, the living area first, with a mini fridge and sink, also a desk and couch. Then a screen to seperate you from the bedroom area. Granite countertops, beds SO clean and decorative, bath and shower seperate. Just an overall beautiful room. Next morning was the comp breakfast with Starbucks coffee, fruits and breads but you can order hot breakfasts at a reasonable rate. I was VERY pleasantly surprised at this hotel and will always stay here. Price was VERY comparable to other local hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I don't know what I would change, I had to get the 2 queens but you might try the king.
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The Hyatt Place has beautiful rooms that are very comfortable. I have stayed here many times and have been very pleased. One thing to note is that the shower floors can be very slippery. I think it may be the cleanser used. Use the bar in the shower to get in and out just to be safe.

• Stayed November 2011
PA
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I've stayed here many times...no major complaints, but will point out a few things...breakfast is ok, but unlike many hotels that fall under the category of 'limited', the breakfast options are minimal--..also, i can't figure out why this hotel doesn't have vending machines.. if you simply want a soda, only option is to pay one costing almost $3.00 at their 'cafe'...I would expect this a 3 star hotel, down, mid or uptown in a large city where they offer valet, room service....blah blah.....if i were at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead (ATL), I'd expect it, but not Hyatt Place in Irmo...just saying....with all that being said, the rooms are like all Hyatt Place rooms, very comfy, modern look and over-all wonderful...REMEMBER THIS, when you check in request a room that IS NOT next to the elevator (esp on 2nd floor)...

Room Tip: Request room that IS NOT next to the elevator...that would be a total of 2 rooms each on the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This hotel may be nice but beware of double charges. I made a reservation and the hotel had 2. They will not give a credit back and they can not produce 2 signed registration cards. Terri the manager is kind enoiugh to give point ( sarcasim). Not impressed with this hotel and I don;'t plan to stay at a Hyatt ever again. I wil lbe telling everyone I can that Hyatt's are not a good hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away. This hotel is a rip off.Terri the manager is no good with customer service.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Deborah C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irmo
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#30 of 94 in Columbia
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Northwest/Harbison

Been to Hyatt Place Columbia? Share your experiences!