The island was very nice, the restaurants were wonderful and we were able to go crabbing and fishing which we love.
Great location in the middle of all the action of Caligny Beach. The Breakers is an older complex. The pool is small and filled with kids, so plan to rent an umbrella on the beach if that's not your scene. The unit was a good value for the money... Fred was an awesome owner...very responsive. Be very careful on the deck. There is a sign on the door that says it can lock you out...we did...had to get help from a neighbor and call a locksmith to cut the chain off the door so they could get in to free us from our balcony.
This is an excellent and convenient condo to stay in. The best we've ever stayed in HHI and we've been going for 15 years.
1. Excellent 2nd floor direct ocean view. You don't want 1st floor because the vegetation blocks the ocean view.
2. Condo was the cleanest I've ever stayed in on beach. No sand in floor etc.
3. Plenty of cooking utensils and we didn't have to buy anything to cook with in this department.
4. Convenient location- dead in front of Coligny Plaza (which has grocery store) tons of shops and restaurants. We parked our car for the week and were able to walk everywhere. IMO convenience and not having to drive on Vacation is so important because driving is so stressful anyway.
5. Very nice balcony to sit out at night. (There was an old broken rocking chair on the porch in the corner ((think it must've rotted)) and our little one stepped on it and resulted in a little cut on his foot but I don't blame the owners probably the cleaners didn't tell them there was a broken chair outside).
6. Nice outdoor pool and kids pool as well. 8ft depth pool plenty of room and lots of seating at the pool.
7. It looks as if the community leaves lots of beach toys there such as boogie boards, wagons, sand castle stuff etc. We talked to a resident who said Bunches of people buy stuff and end up leaving it there cause they don't want to cart it home and told us to help our selves to any of it as long as we brought it back. It was awesome not having to buy beach accessories just to have to pack back home. I would advise though if you do this don't break the cycle and take anything home. This was such a great added bonus for us for the week.
8. My most favorite and convenient thing about Fred's condo-
You never have to have a key or key card to get in your condo. There is a push button combination on the door that locks and unlocks the door for your convenience. I know it sounds crazy but we have a time keeping up with keys when we rent a place so this was super convenient.
9. Splash pad (for kids) and Tiki Hut (beach bar) are right next door. You don't have to leave your balcony in the evening to hear fun beach music though it's nice because the music stops by 11pm or so as not to keep you up all night.
10. The condo was extremely clean. We did find little fragments of broken glass in the kitchen under the bar which were easily swept up with broom but other than that house was extremely clean.
11. Remember to bring extra trash bags, toilet paper and paper towels because there is supply for a couple days but that's it.
12. Washer and dryer works well. Remember clothes detergent and you should be fine. It take HE detergent BTW.
I will definitely stay in this condo as long as they have it for rent. We love it here and this condo helped us have a stress free family vacation!!
Absolutely Beautiful/Fabulous/Fantastic/Great/Magnificent/Picturesque/Wonderful, and All/Any other superlatives I may have inadvertently omitted. This condo is very close to shopping and restaurants...we parked our car for a week under the condominium resort (out of the rain, sun and wind)...only to drive for sightseeing a couple of times. Inside, the condo has the appearance and "feel" of the 60's and 70's with the modern conveniences of today...very clean, spotless, and very well kept...from the bedroom to the hallway, to the bathroom, to the kitchen, to the dining room, and to the living room. The large oceanfront balcony allows you to view sunrises over the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with its very clean, wide, white sandy beach. Wide, flat TV's in the bedroom and living rooms provide many channels for viewing. It was very hard for my wife and I to leave for home...we absolutely loved our one week vacation there. We are already looking forward to a return stay...hopefully, NOTHING LESS THAN one week! So, in closing, if you want the perfect place to vacation, do yourself a favor and book here. This is not a paid advertisement or promotion...just an honest review about a vacation condo we have nicknamed "Heaven on Earth @ Fred D's". Thank you.
Corky and Debbie Holloway