“Fun afternoon wine tasting!”
Review of Island Winery

Island Winery
Ranked #36 of 117 things to do in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Winery is a small winery who handcrafts a large variety of wines from fresh local fruits and fresh grapes grown from world renown vineyards. We have an onsite store and offer free tastings. We also serve Wine Flights & Cheese and host a Happy Hour in our barrel room.
Gilbert, Arizona
“Fun afternoon wine tasting!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My girlfriends and I recently stopped by Island Winery during our vacation to the island. We were reccomended by someone at our hotel and decided to make a visit during their happy hour. We were greeted by the woman behind the counter and she immediatly began assisting us in the wine tasting process. We were seated at our own table and able to taste several different wines and enjoy some snacks. This was the perfect, relaxing afternoon with girls ! At the end of the happy hour we ended up purchasing several bottles including some of our new favorite the Cranberry wine! Can't wait to visit again on our next trip!

La Mesa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dessert Wines!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our experience at Island Winery. They had some really good red wines as well as whites, but my favorite was their unique dessert wines, especially the peach and the blueberry. My husband and I love going to small wineries and were very interested in visiting one in South Carolina being we are from California. We loved the small family atmosphere and enjoyed talking with the friendly hostess while tasting their wines! I would definitely recommend this as a stop during your stay on Hilton Head!

Winter Garden, Florida, United States
“Amazingly Delicious Wine”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I had an amazing experience at Island Winery this summer. I was vacationing in Hilton Head and the receptionist at our hotel recommended that we check this place out. The winery is small but very welcoming and the wine is outstanding. I bought a case before leaving and have almost finished it! I will be ordering more very soon. If you are in Hilton Head I definitely recommend that you visit Island Winery.

Pendleton, Indiana
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Small island winery”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you don't GPS this winery you would probably never find it. Off the main road back in an industrial park. They have about 15 wines to offer for tasting and purchase. Only 3 white wines though (which is my favorite so that was kind of dissapointing) but they were all very tasty.

stockton
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Customer service sorely lacking...”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I decided to attend the happy hour wine tasting event offered M-Th. Reservations were recommended for parties of 6 or more. Upon arrival, we were "greeted" with, "Did you call in?" We told our hostess that we hadn't since it was just the two of us. We were told they really prefer to have us called in. We were directed into the tasting room, which ambiance was sorely lacking, due to poor lighting and very uncomfortable seating arrangements. The hostess also inquired of other guests regarding their party, would they be arriving soon since they like to start on time and serve everyone at the same time. The wines served were at best, average. Our server, different from our "hostess" did tell us a bit about the wines, which was nice (and expected). Before the end of the happy hour, food table was cleared as well as tables giving the very strong message that it was time to depart.

There is just too much to enjoy on the Island to endure this type of experience---the $15 per person fee was too steep for this as well.

1 Thank SandraVStockton