All reviews best westerns waffle maker the breakfast area breakfast each morning coligny beach free breakfast tennis courts yogurt walking distance to the beach hilton head island nice room bed was comfortable free shuttle coligny circle mini vacation would stay here again water pressure
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Great value for money and a lovely modern room, especially the shower area! Good location for Coligny beach and surrounding area. Would definitely stay here again. Staff at reception were friendly and very helpful. A very enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurenM3947
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

* Edit: I have never left a negative review ever. Please read through other comments. Several people have had similar experiences with this Manager.

DO NOT STAY HERE! Manager Karina was absolutely THE rudest person I've spoken with in this industry. She did not let me speak, yelled over me and then proceeded to say, "thank you and have a blessed day" before hanging up on me mid sentence. All because I was trying to cancel my reservation and get a full refund for not staying at the hotel when Hurricane Florence was about to hit!!!!

We booked through booking.com which meant that we could not get a refund on any cancellation. However, the governor of SC had issued a state of emergency on Sept. 8, 2018. Forcasts were showing that the the hurricane would hit the southeast coast by mid week (middle of our stay). It was all over the news. Evacuations were likely by Tuesday Sept. 11th (which is exactly what happened). So I explained this to booking.com. I told them we are traveling with a baby and wanted to stay safe. The two agents from booking.com tried to advocate on my behalf and cancel for me but both conveyed that the manager would not budge.

The manager called us yesterday and left a voicemail saying she would refund all but the first 2 days. That was nice. But when I called her back and tried to explain to her the reasons I believed we should get a full refund...She would not even hear me out. Instead, she became short (to put it nicely), yelled over top of me not allowing me to speak and then hung up the phone.

Honestly, if she had been polite and addressed the situation calmly I would have dropped it. But her reaction was uncalled for. I have never been treated so harshly by a manager of any establishment. It is not okay. I will be following up with corporate and going as high up as I need to to make sure this person answers for her behavior. She should know that we were not happy to have to cancel our vacation. It was out of our control. Someone needs to train her to be empathetic, patient and kind. She is the face of that establishment as she is the one everyone goes to for concerns or questions. She is not doing a good job of making Best Western shine!!

6  Thank Aimee M
Korenna B, Manager at Best Western Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Greetings,
I understand as the guest stated she would go on every website to give a horrible review. I am apologetic that the guest feels I was unfair or rude. A refund was in fact given to the guest, the check in date was for the Sunday prior to the storm update. Our area was put on an mandatory evacuation as of 09/11 and was lifted the same day. The reason for the courtesy call was to inform the guest that although it was a prepaid no cancellation reservation, I would refund from 09/11 moving forward. The reservation was made for a total of 6 nights of which 4 would have been during the time of the storm.
Due to not receiving the full refund as requested the guest feels as if I was not empathetic, sympathetic and rude. This indeed was not the case. Again I am apologetic that the guest feels this way after her demand of a full refund was not honored. Here at the Best Western Ocean Breeze Hilton Head we pride ourselves in providing great customer service. I hope in the future you will visit our fabulous hotel and experience the wonderful 5 star quality service that we provide.

Management

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Our family was in Hilton Head for a wedding. This hotel was actually chosen by the bride and her groom. They had several rooms blocked off for us because of the proximity to the wedding and other things in the area.
There were at least ten of us who got rooms there. It was actually fun. We were able to socialize together in the lobby and although small, it was clean with comfortable chairs. The breakfast area was also nice and clean and both breakfasts' that we had there were good. The food was hot, great variety and really nice staff. At breakfast, we met Chris, she was amazing! Personable, friendly and very helpful. I gave her a big hug when we were leaving because she was so nice to my husband and I. Carie was there when we checked in and pretty much during our entire stay. I teased her and told her that she must have a cot in the back. She checked us in efficiently, actually having our paperwork, room assignment and room keys ready to go when we got there. It was the same upon checkout. Carie was also very accommodating when I asked if our room could be moved off of the 1st floor, she got us a great room on the third.
The rooms were big, we weren't expecting the kitchenette, it was a great surprise. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower with a great rain shower head and great water pressure, (not usually the case in most hotels). The bathroom was small however and my husband and I had to take turns getting ready because we couldn't both be in the bathroom at the same time. The wood like floors were nice and we had a balcony overlooking the pool which was nice as well.
Unfortunately, the bathroom shower was not clean. I didn't feel comfortable going into it without flip flops. I found a couple of long brown hairs that were not mine when I went in to shower after our first night there and there was obvious dirt on the shower floor.
We didn't receive housekeeping during day two until very late in the day, but she did come in and give the bathroom some extra attention.

The hotel is minutes from the beach, a few places to eat and in the heart of everything that is Hilton Head. Carie also gave us some great restaurant suggestions in the area. The wedding was great and so was our stay!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Sandra J
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with what I like, tucked away off the main road. So it was quiet. The young lady that checked us in was super nice, greeted me with a smile. The television was huge, it had microwave and frig, breakfast was pretty good. What needs work, room was too small. As soon as I opened the door, there were the beds, which were full sized. I haven’t slept in a full sized bed since I was like 15. Even at hotels, most have queen sized beds. I mention this because we had 2 adults two children...one night my oldest son came and sleeping arrangements got really tight. I felt like the room should have been a little bigger with an area for seating. I have been to other hotels that charge far less and you get a little more room to move about. If you’re single or married with one child it could work. It just didn’t work for me.

2  Thank ladylapoet
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way from Disney World. The pool was dirty. Our room had dirt on the bed sheet, a used Dental pack on
the floor and the alarm clock had inaccessible cords and was off. There was a shower only, no tub, which didn’t suit a family with a toddler.

2  Thank goldy18_1999