“WE had a great breakfast”

Palmetto Bay Sun Rise Cafe
Ranked #13 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
United States
“WE had a great breakfast”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a great breakfast. The service was great. They serve fresh fruit. It is not a greasy fried breakfast. They had a large selection of items to choose from.It was a great find. Affordable. It will be a favorite repeat experience for us. The only negative thing I can say is I would rather not have dogs at my eating place. Dogs belong at home where we left ours.

• Visited October 2013

Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Very Good Breakfast - Interesting Menu”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Sun Rise Cafe is a favorite with locals. We waited about 25 minutes to be seated on a Sunday AM. This is a no frills, intimate restaurant with genuinely good food. There is both indoor and outdoor seating. It is a hopping place, and the service could have been better. With that said, service was friendly, just not as attentive as we may have liked.

My husband had the "special" - a corned beef hash which he loved. (I understand from others that the shrimp hash is awesome.) I had the quiche of the day served with fruit which was very good. Others in our group had the cinnamon french toast which they said was tasty, but would order something more unique the next time.

Overall, a good way to begin our vacation. Entree's ranged from $8 - $12, so we felt it was a good value for the island.

Austin, Texas
“Incredible Breakfast – Best Ever”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found this restaurant the 2nd day we were on Hilton Head and it was so good we went every day after. The food is outstanding there are daily specials that we chose every morning. We hated to leave the island because of this restaurant. They are in a really cool location with other restaurants. Service is super and it is good for a family this is definitely local’s type of place which made it more fun.

buffalo, ny
“sorry, sun rise”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Sad to say, my husband and I did not like the cafe at all. Right from the start, the hostess was not friendly, sat us at an inside table and we sat and sat and sat. No one bothered to come, they would look at us and run around to different tables. I noticed there were a couple waitress laughing and socializing with the hostess for quite sometime, not attending to any customers out on the patio. After patiently waiting for a waitress, I decided to go outside to ask if anyone was going to wait on our table, I explained that we were sitting there for a very long time, and no one had come yet. The three of them thought that was funny somehow, one of the waitress said, Oooooo!!!! I thought that was rude, and we should have left the and there. Our service was not good at all, I felt uncomfortable and couldn't wait to leave. The breakfast itself was average. I did not understand all the hype. Maybe we caught them on a bad day, but I will never know, because we will never give them a second try. Sorry, sun rise.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank laceysu
Atlanta, Ga
“Go every visit to HH”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We love to ride our bikes to Sunrise Cafe for breakfast. Food very good, service friendly. We get tables quicker during week.