“Banana Rum Pancakes..yes please!”

Palmetto Bay Sun Rise Cafe
Ranked #11 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Disney Hilton head Resort, and it was suggested by a local to try this place out for breakfast. Get there early because it gets crowded and the lines can be long. My wife had the french toast one day and the eggs Benedict the next day which she said would make Gordon Ramsey shut his mouth they were so good! I had the Banana Rum Pancakes. Let me be clear, I would walk from Florida to Hilton Head for these pancakes. They were awesome. Another thing I noticed about this place is that all the serving staff will take your order. That's smart, instead of giving one server a table everyone pulls together and if they see you needing something they immediately ask you if they can help. Rarely seen but appreciated! (food is cheap too)

I would make this a must stop on your next trip through. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

After reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor, my mom and I decided to bike to the cafe for breakfast, and we were so glad that we did! The waitresses were extremely attentive and always kept our water glasses full, which we greatly appreciated! I had the quiche with fruit and a banana pancake, my mom had the shrimp hash, both were excellent! I would definitely return and bring the rest of the family. The pancake is one of the best I've ever had! This place is comfortable and no fuss, can't recommend enough, and a good value too boot! Definitely give it a shot!

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Want breakfast ? Hit the Sunrise Cafe. We went twice. Shrimp hash or shrimp grits. Feeling like something sweet? The blueberry cream cheese stuffed French toast --- Friday special. Fun, great smooth coffee and delightful staff!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I went to Hilton Head last summer for our anniversary and someone told us to go to Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe. The BEST breakfast dish I have ever had in a restaurant!!! EVER!!!!! lol.... I just told a coworker to go there when she visits this weekend!! Hope she does and I hope she gets the Strata!!! SO good! Great service as well. Will definitely go back next time we visit HH. :o) and see below... YES I actually DID take a picture of this because it was just that darn good!!! Pic is still on Facebook!! LOL

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place. I eat here almost everyweekend, there are so many places on the island to get breakfast but this is the best. I couldn't go somewhere else and be this happy! The staff is wonderful, you can tell they work as a team and make everyone happy. This place is a MUST!