“A must do in Hilton Head Island, SC”

Palmetto Bay Sun Rise Cafe
Ranked #11 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A great location for breakfast, lunch/brunch! Must try the Bloody Mary's. I have the cucumber Bloody Mary and my husband hand the bacon infused vodka Bloody Mary. Both outstanding. Crab cake Benedict's are awesome,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staff is very friendly to humans and dogs. Food is good and they have a nice variety. In season there can be a long wait but worth it. There is indoor and outdoor eating area.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My five star ratings are reserved for outstanding food. It isn't too often I am WOW-ed. Raspberry pancakes (on special) were the tastiest I have ever had- very light and full of flavor, even my son's plain pancakes were light and I quote "awesome!". Egg's Benedict on ham - nice portion size and tasted ok.

1  Thank TrueStars119
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wow! What an enjoyable experience for visitors and locals alike! We searched for a non-chain type restaurant for breakfast on our first trip to HHI, and the Sunrise Cafe was on the list. We got a late start on a cold and windy mid-morning and were delighted to see the heated outdoor patio and cozy lap blankets that awaited us. The food was delish and the staff incredibly attentive. During our week-long stay, we enjoyed two trips to the cafe. The Sunrise Cafe is definitely on our list for our return trip to the Island.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nothing to dislike. The food was great, pancakes are HUGE and delicious. I was sad they ran out of grits but next time I'll arrive earlier than 30 minutes before closing to eat; they did have great eggs, yummy bacon, and pretty nice battered, fried frogs legs. Coffee was pretty darned good for so close to closing, nice staff. That meal was so filling it was my only meal of the day.