“Best Breakfast on the Island”

Palmetto Bay Sun Rise Cafe
Ranked #12 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast on the Island”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you are looking for a great breakfast this is it. This is a must for my husband and I when we first arrive on the island. Great food - their Thursday special is delicious. It is eggs benedict country style using biscuits and sausage gravy.

• Visited December 2012

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Best in HHI (from a Local)”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

You name it, food, service, atmosphere! Team effort at this local breakfast must is obvious! Whoever owns this place understands how to please customers. It is like every server and manager is teaming up to make sure your coffee is always hot and you get a perfect description of their "specials". On chilly mornings they have even thought to provide light blankets for outside guests. Chilidog76 needs to try again, everyone has a tough day.

• Visited December 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Good food, terrible hostess”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been coming to Sunrise for many years. It always has a positive feel to it and the food is good. Except this time was a little different.
I stopped by last week to grab a late breakfast. I was alone so I was looking for a spot at the bar. I could tell when I walked through the door that it was really busy, but I was greeted by a red headed older lady that insisted she'd find me a spot. Well, she did. The bar was packed, but a stool was open (sort of, it was crammed in between 2 huge guys that left zero space to even breathe) so she aggressively insisted I sit there. I politely declined and said I'd come back when it was less crowded. She pushed again and said "why wouldnt you want to sit there", again, I politely said its a little crowded for me and that I would come back. Instead of agreeing or mentioning that she would hope to see me back, she scoffs while I'm doing my best to keep it polite. The best part is when I walk away--- I turn the corner to stop by another business to say hello to an old friend, and as I turn my back to walk away, I hear her announce to the entire outside tables "I guess some people have to have the entire place to themselves". Well, I was planning on killing time by saying hello to a friend and returning in a half hour, that went out the window. How rude can you be? If I wasnt in such a good mood I would have turned around and found the owner, I'm sure she'd be real proud of the situation.
I like Sunrise, I will be back. But if I see the evil red headed old lady working as the hostess I wont even bother parking. I dont want her to lose her job, but someone should tell her this is Hilton Head. People enjoy positive experiences where they dine, if she wants to act like a pompous know-it-all to move back up north.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Chilidog76
Kissimmee, Florida
“Best breakfast in town”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

What a great spot for breakfast. Excellent food and service. Nice to sit outside under heaters. Went back for lunch and had a very nice salad and sandwich. Service is personal and friendly.

Valdosta, Georgia
“What a way to wake up!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was a great place to have breakfast!! We were greeted, seated, & served coffee immediately. Our waitress could not have been more attentive to our needs! I ordered the crab eggs benedict and it was out-of-this world great!! Our host was smart to get us to this restaurant early on Sunday morning, as a LONG line formed and the masses waited in excess of 30 minutes for a table. To me, that only proved the point that this is a GREAT place to eat.

Visited October 2012