“Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day - and at Palmetto Bay they breakfast all day long!”

Palmetto Bay Sun Rise Cafe
Ranked #12 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

When I'm on vacation I never wear a watch or care about the time so breakfast can be any time of the day. Palmetto Bay Sun Rise Cafe is a perfect find as they serve breakfast all day long (and a lunch menu until 2pm/3pm).

There was a wait but with shops and a marina to walk round it is easy to kill time. Eggs All Ways was excellent value with my choice of two poached eggs, bacon, grits and rye toast at only $5.99. All cooked to perfection.

For next time the blueberry and cream cheese stuffed French Toast with raspberry sauce is noted!

This cafe is ideal for all generations. And dogs! - who get to enjoy a water bowl.

• Visited May 2011

Maryville, TN
“Best food I had on vacation!”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Walked up on the porch unsure of were to go, the hostess came out and greeted us asking us which table we would like. All the tables outside were full, but there were 2 open inside. We went around 10:45am. The atmosphere was very open and sunny, with interesting art work on the walls. The waitresses were all very friendly and several took care of us. We did not have to wait for anything. Food came out very fast. Me and my husband both got omelets, they were so good, full of the ingredients we got to choose. Even the buttered toast that came with them was delicious! My husband got hash browns and said they were the best he'd ever had. We have 2 days left on the island and i definitely would like to work in another visit before we have to leave.

• Visited April 2011
Mebane, North Carolina
“Best Breakfast By Far!”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is the best place on the island for breakfast! The food is delicious; the service is great; and the prices are reasonable (especially for Hilton Head). One knows it is going to be a great place due it being frequented by locals. On both Sunday and Monday morning, we had Andrea as our waitress. She was very attentive to our needs and had a great attitude. It was hard for my husband to empty his cup of coffee despite him being a hardcore java drinker. The restaurant is very accommodating to one’s needs. On our second visit, three locals came in and told their waitress they were in a hurry to go boating. Their food was at their table in less than five minutes, and the three were out the door ten minutes later. Try getting that service somewhere else!
Sit inside or on their deck, or at the counter, to enjoy a wide range of food. The atmosphere reminded us of a diner, but felt more comfortable than one. On Sunday, my husband had their corn beef and hash with an English muffin. He stated that it was different than most he had, but it was very tasty. I had their grits with cheese. They were cooked to perfection. We understand bar service includes their legendary Bloody Mary's which numerous people ordered with their Sunday brunch. The next day, my husband tried something different as he ordered the Salmon Eggs Benedict with a side order of hash browns. He was a happy camper as the breakfast was cooked to perfection. Like Sunday, his cup of coffee was never empty due to Andrea checking up on us. Once again, this Southerner had their delicious grits.
As per the name, Palmetto Bay Sunrise Café, we are confused. While the restaurant sits next to Palmetto Bay Marina, its back is to Broad Creek. A sunrise over the nearby protected harbor is very difficult to see from the restaurant. Skip the sunrise and make your stomach very happy by making Palmetto Bay Sunrise Café your first stop of the day.

• Visited March 2011
Marietta, Georgia
“The She Crab Soup is worth the trip from Marietta, GA.”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We love the Sun Rise Cafe, we alway enjoy breakfast several times during our week in Hilton Head. The she crab soup is the best I have ever eaten! Our entire family love this great little breakfast spot on Hilton Head.

ATLANTA
“Great Brunch Place”
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I have eaten at Sun Rise Cafe several times and have always had a great meal. It is not a large place so seating is at a premium when they are busy. I like to sit at the outside tables when the weather permits. The service has always been attentive. I believe the Cafe is only open till 3:00 PM so make sure you get there early so you won't be disappointed.