“Best Italian food I've ever had”

IL Carpaccio Ristorante Pzzra
Ranked #137 of 378 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I went here on the recommendation of one of the locals. I must say it was the best Italian food I've ever had. Real authentic Italian food. I had Shrimp on polenta in a cream sauce and my wife had fettuccine with vegetables and wine sauce. We also had 2 appetizers - she had the caprese and I had the shrimp, scallops with vegetables in a thin pastry cup. Like I said the food was the best I've ever had. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is the service was slow at times, it was a Friday and they were busy but they seemed to sit 4 tables at the same time that our waitress had to take care of. So I felt she did a good job but it took a while to get our orders. I would say they staff worked well together. Several people refilled my drink.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We dine here frequently, and we are never disappointed. At a lot of other restaurants on the island you have a good experience one time and not so great the next time. Here you can always count on consistently good food. There are no ups and downs. The prices are also one of the most reasonable on the Island. I love their fish dishes, and my wife is a fan of their thin crust pizzas especially at lunch. Their wine list is also extremely reasonable and quite good. The service is also always efficient.
By now, the owner even smiles at us.
So if you want a very good dinner or lunch, without breaking the bank, you can count on Il Carpaccio.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

No complaints with the food. The owner of this ristorante needs to find a personality. He is beyond RUDE! The owner is rude to everyone! The only reason anyone puts up with him is because the food is good. So, if you can overlook the owner being a complete jerk, then enjoy your night out.

1  Thank Terry and Steve G
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Most of the reviewers have already addressed some key points - location - tricky to find etc... So here are our observations.

We really enjoy Italian food but it's hard to find good Italian food that doesn't come from pre-packaged stuff. We didn't have a reservation so we walked in and it was very busy even in off season. The place was close to if not full.

We were seated next to a serving station which I didn't like so asked to be moved. They were very accommodating, no fuss, the manager and the server both worked together and explained it would not be an issue. We were re-seated promptly - even if the timing was lucky - it was still nice the way they handled it.

My wife and I both really like Caesar salads.I come from a previous time where Caesar salads where made next to your table. Now that's a Caesar salad but almost no restaurant today does that any more. So I asked to be sure that their dressing was home made or bottled as way too many restaurants supply the mass produced bottled versions. Theirs is home made. It was a nice change - you could taste the garlic and hint of anchovies. The salad on the whole as still somewhat basic/bland. The dressing made up for it as it was a fairly simple plate.

We both had veal as we find it's hard to find good veal dishes and we don't have them in our neck of the woods. The veal was good. I've had better but I was still satisfied with mine. The pricing was reasonable - not cheap but not overpriced either.

Would I go back again - hard to say as I don't know the competition from other Italian restaurants on the island but I did enjoy the dinner and service.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were slightly hesitant to try IL Carpaccio based on some of the reviews in Trip Advisor regarding the owner and service.

We went anyway and ended up having a positive experience. The food was tasty and the service was attentive and efficient. The atmosphere was fine and fit the food experience. The prices were reasonable.

We could see that some of the other reviewers' comments about the owner might be true. While everything worked out for us, it is possible that he might have some Seinfeld Soup Nazi tendencies.

We will most likely return.

Note: This place is kind of difficult to find once you get to the parking lot. You might want to ask the restaurant for directions from the parking lot to their location.