“Nice place”

Stellini Italian Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stellini Italian Restaurant, Hilton Head's "Little Italy" for 26 years! We are a small, family owned restaurant that serves very traditional, authentic Italian cuisine. Menu selections include pasta, chicken, veal, seafood and beef choices, some of our most popular dishes are Clams Casino, Homemade Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Rigatoni Bolognese, Penne Vodka, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Saltimbocca, Lobster Carbonara, Zuppa di Pesce and Lamb Shank Osso Buco. Nightly chefs specials, reservations suggested.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just arrived and felt like Italian. Tried the Early Bird Special and was pleasently suprised. White table clothes. Quiet place off the beaten path.Good service. Excellant Mussels. My wife loved the veal and my clams linguine were very good. Will come back

There are newer reviews for Stellini Italian Restaurant

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'd give this place three and a half stars if half stars were allowed but that's it. Our waiter was very good and he said he had been there for many years. The food was ok. I'd have to agree with other reviewers about swimming in sauce and a bit heavy on the vinegar salad dressing. We probably wouldn't return since there are other Italian places on Hilton Head to try.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I would have given it 4 stars, but the waitress blew it. One item on the menu is veal saltimbocca. I requested chicken saltimbocca instead of veal, which I've done in many other restaurants. The waitress made an executive decision without asking the chef. She said that he wouldn't make the dish with chicken because it would take too much time to pound the chicken breast flat and that it had to be marinated. As an aside, there were only 3 other occupied tables in the place, so time was not a factor in the preparation of my meal. Also, I cook as well as eat. It doesn't take more than a few seconds to flatten a chicken breast into scallopini, and it doesn't need to be marinated to make saltimbocca.. The waitress should have asked the chef whether or not he would do it. She shouldn't have refused my request flat out. All things considered, The food was good, and they have a nice wine list. The wait staff needs to be instructed that the customer comes first. The chef's job is to please me. It is not my job to please the chef.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have been frequenting Stellini for a number of years now and know we can always depend on them for a delicious meal and great service. Last nights meal was right on track. I had one of their specials, beef braciole and my husband had the grouper picatta. Both were excellent. We finished our meal with the homemade panettone bread pudding. Delicious!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We really enjoyed eating here last year. Early bird 3 course dinners are reasonably priced and atmosphere comfortable and quiet. Tonight not quite the same. Seated quickly on arrival. Greeting friendly. Waiter seemed disinterested. House Merlot good. Appetizers - mussels tasty in marinara sauce. Tortellini in chicken broth good, hot and filling tasty. Salads non- description - iceberg lettuce, shredded carrots, a slice of cucumber and too much Italian dressing that tasted like thick bottled type. My husband liked his Veal Marsala very much; my chicken Picata was rubbery ( like a defrosted chicken breast that had been boiled before covered with lemony butter sauce. Did not enjoy it at all. Rolls were warm and good but had to request more when main courses was served. Will try a differentbitalian restaurant next trip.