“awful service, awful managers.”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #151 of 380 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I came here to have dinner, we live on HHI and have yet to go to Carrabbas, we though let's give it a try. Food was disgusting, service was horrible and the managers are down right rude. Will never go back.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We really loved the shrimp scampi appetizer. The crab app was close to disgusting! Can't believe it made it out of kitchen it was so dry and looked like it was from the previous day. Happy hour til 7. Bread delicious.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Carraba's is our FAVORITE restaurant at home. We expected more of the same. However we got a rude server, and the food was just not the same quality. The portions were smaller as well, it wasn't all warm, and they would not accept a receipt coupon we had. It's a chain. Location should not make a difference. I will say that we noticed other servers doing an excellent job, so apparently we just ended up with one having a different attitude. She acted like she was doing us a favor. I hope based on the other reviews that things have improved the last couple of months, but we will probably not go back.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Dined here on a Saturday evening, arriving @ 6:15. Wife had called ahead and they were not on a wait and our party of 5 was seated promptly. Overall our experience was very good. Because of a few bumps can't go with an excellent rating on this visit but we find this chain to be quite consistent in their approach both service-wise and the quality/taste of their food.

Server came out in about 5 or so minutes, took our drink orders and, oddly said, that she would bring us some more bread. What made that odd was that we had not received any bread at that point. Anyways, the service on this night was somewhat average and the reason was obvious to us all. Our server just had too many tables to cover. It took quite awhile to get those drinks and the before mentioned bread.

The 2 younger boys ordered kid's meals -- pepperoni pizza and grilled chicken w/mashed potatoes. Oldest son ordered a pasta dish w/minestrone soup. Spouse ordered a chicken parm sandwich and added a bowl of the minestrone soup. I ordered a pick 3 that consisted of steak marsala, lasagna, and pasta w/meat sauce. This also included a soup. I ordered a tomato bisque. The server returned to tell me that she was wrong that was not an available selection. But offered up pasta fagoli which I went with.

In no particular order, the minestrone soup was terrible, neither my son or wife ate it. It was loaded with some type of cabbage and very little broth. It was unlike any minestrone that we had ever encountered. They should have sent it back for something else but the server was not around to make this happen. My soup was decent but no where near as good as the wonderful pasta fagoli soup that Olive Garden serves. The mashed potatoes that came with my son's chicken and my pasta were lukewarm. The odd thing about the pasta not being hot was that my other 2 choices were hot. The rest of our food was hot and really good. I did find out that I prefer chicken marsala over steak marsala. After the initial delay in receiving bread, we received more in a timely fashion. Our drinks were refilled, also.

Minor thing was our server did not check on us after we began our meals. So when I asked for a small box for my cold pasta, I told here that it was not hot when it came out. And her response was that she would let the kitchen know. That is very helpful to me.

Total with a 15% tip for average service was $73. We do enjoy our meals at this chain. While this visit was not one of our best it was still a pretty good meal.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Being in Hilton Head, I usually don't expect really good food and service. This is a very turistimo town, and I have come to lower my expectations. This restaurant is GREAT... From the immediate seating to prompt and professional/courteous service. There is a somewhat limited menu, but everything on it was drlivious!

The only complaint is that the parking situation is not great.