“Please don't ruin your vacation by eating here.”

Bella Italia Bistro & Pizzeria
Ranked #127 of 364 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bella Italia is a family owned and operated italian restaurant on Hilton Head Island, specializing in authentic Italian specialties served in a warm inviting atmosphere.
Ohio
“Please don't ruin your vacation by eating here.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I usually give average to high marks for most decent places to eat. I have written a couple reviews for fast food places that have done better than average at service and food. Bit this place has a problem. I really wanted to leave after we went in at 5:30 and only one other table had diners. I should have trusted my gut because two days later I still not eating much more than toast and soda. My son ordered a pizza. My hubby and I ordered Italian combo dishes. My son said the pizza was good. I have no idea why our server didn't suggest a smaller pizza for a boy??? It was just ridiculous. 3 people could not possibly eat that, but on the other hand my food was barely edible so I should have just ditched it and got a slice. If you want to try this place stick with the pie. Seriously though. I had eggplant Parmesan and it was in a small dish underneath my chicken parm and it was the most disgusting thing I have been served. Maybe ever. To top it off we paid MORE for this than some really great food at other places. Listen to me folks. I'm telling you to go someplace else. It gets a 2 cause my son said the pizza was good.

“Staff is terrible!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Unsure of our waitresses name but she was terrible!!Got the table behind us wrong, ours wrong, messed up on bill and took 15 min to correct. No refills by her, table on other side took their glass to bar for refill. Took 1 hour to get food!! Spaghetti good and salad but No taste to meatballs! Not worth the hassle and time!!!!

“Worst pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Pizza was cold after wait 2:00 hour . People in the kitchen was screaming . I try before when the owner is there , pizza is very good. Owner is not there pizza sucks

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Best Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Terrific salads and pizza...locally owned and reasonably priced for families..everything here is delicious especially the pasta dishes

Visited June 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Quality Italian cuisine at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Best Italian cuisine on the island...terrific salads and bread and pizza. Highly recommended for families. Locally owned and reasonably priced. Our family loves Bella.

• Visited June 2013