“Authentic Italian at low prices!”

Bella Italia Bistro & Pizzeria
Ranked #124 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bella Italia is a family owned and operated italian restaurant on Hilton Head Island, specializing in authentic Italian specialties served in a warm inviting atmosphere.
“Authentic Italian at low prices!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After being at HH for nearly a week, we were tired of typical seafood and wanted something besides pizza we could take to our condo. We found Bella Italia in the local dining guide and decided to give it a try. Their ad did not state that they had early dining specials but I was presently surprised to find they had 10 meals on their website for $10 and this INCLUDED a salad and a huge double piece of garlic bread. This was truly and AMAZING deal. I had the manicotti, my husband had the Italian casserole and my twins had the kids spaghetti & meatballs. We spent $40 total and have enough food left for an entire lunch tomorrow. This is authentic Italian food - even the mozzarella cheese on the salads was hand grated. Definitely a great value!

• Visited June 2013

“A Locals retreat!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been dining @Bella Italia for about 11 years and I have never been disappointed. My husband and I frequent Bella for lunch and occasionally for Dinner when the kids are in town. We adore the girls who work during lunch and have grown fond of Gabby on Friday nights. I just wish more people appreciated" Real" Italian food. It saddens me that there are so many people on this tiny island and yet, Bella is still unknown. I hope to see Bella around for many years to come.

• Visited June 2013
Bluffton, South Carolina
“delizioso!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My hubby and i happened to stumble across this hidden treasure on a fabulous shopping adventure on our trip to hilton head. Oliver took us under his wing of excellent service. diplaying great attentiveness and pinpoint reccomendation in the eclectic variety of italian quisine. Before our exit, we had asked the young man for a take home pizza pie of his choice. My only regret is that i may ruin my computer, as i am enjoying that pie to the fullest as i write my responce. Thank you Oliver and especially Bella for the Italian genious.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Just So-So”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had reservations last night at Ombre and decided to cancel and try something more family friendly because we were going to dinner at 8pm and wasn't sure how the young children would react. We came to Bella Italia for pizza and Chicken Parmigiana, my husband's favorite. This restaurant is located in a shopping center which appears to be primarily full of local restaurants and right down the strip from a grocery store. Upon arriving, we were seated promptly and were served some delicious garlic bread. We ordered two pizzas (The Godfather and Uncle Peter's Cheese) and 1 Chicken Parmigiana. First, the positive...Uncle Peter's Cheese pizza was amazing. The kids devoured it...we had pepperoni added to it as well. We would order this again, should we ever need pizza delivery on the island. My husband didn't eat much of his Chicken Parmigiana and switched over to eating pizza, which I knew was unusual. After talking to him about it later, he said the chicken tasted old and frozen. I found that interesting because that's exactly what I thought about the chicken on the Godfather pizza. It almost had a stale taste. So, I'm not sure if it's because we were there later or if it was truly frozen...all I can say is it wasn't a great taste so we left 3/4 of the Chicken Parmigiana on the table. All in all, this restaurant was just ok to us and maybe we ordered the wrong thing. I did see lasagna brought out to another table that looked amazing. With all of the other choices on the island, I would have a hard time returning here again.

• Visited May 2013
JM D, Public Relations Manager at Bella Italia Bistro & Pizzeria, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our pizza and garlic bread and that you would order from us again!

We were extremely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your Chicken Parmesan. We pride ourselves on using fresh ingredients in all of our dishes and are sorry that the chicken was not to your liking.

We sincerely hope that you will join us again in the future, as we are taking your comments seriously and will be using them to improve our operation. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you again.

The management and staff at Bella Italia
“Best pizza on the rock!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

After boating all day on Saturday, we were hungry for some hot delicious food. We headed here for the best pizza on the island! My daughter had the lasagna and loved it too!! Thanks Bella Italia!