“This New York Italian American was very impressed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flora's Italian Cafe

Flora's Italian Cafe
Ranked #78 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The business hours ar from 5pm to 10pm.The kitchen closes at 9.30pm.Thanks!
Larchmont, New York
“This New York Italian American was very impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

I was encouraged when I read the reviews. We chose Flora's because of the Trip Advisor reviews and the prices. We were a party of 7, so I really didn't want a $300 bill at the end of the night. The early bird and summer specials at Flora's were a great deal. Don't be fooled- the prices were early bird, but the quality of the food was not compromised. I order the ceaser salad and the crab stuffed flounder. Everything was fantastic. Three people in our party just order off the regular menu- and the check, with drinks and desert was $160. Everything was very good to outstanding. My son order the filet- it was superb. My daughter order the raviolis with Bolegnese sauce. It was wonderful. The only disappointing meal was my husband's pasta with crab. Tasty, but very little crab. Flora's could do better for the price. Our waiter was the son's owner. He was so nice. Service was very good. The decor is very 80's and dated, but so what- with food this good and this reasonable, you'll deal with the decor. You will really miss out if you miss Flora's. A Romanian family cooking up food as good as if the were from Rome.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Lawrenceville, GA
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

We found this restaurant on trip advisor and it just happened to be a few miles down the road from the Westin where we stayed. Excellant doesn't even begin to describe the food. We took advantage of the special - glass of wine, salad, entree and dessert for only $19.95 and it was a deal. The wine was very good, the salad was so fresh and the balsamic dressing the best. My husband had the veal chop and I had the chicken parm. It came straight from the kitchen (no heat lamps) and the plate was still hot when the waitress took it away. Flora makes the Tiramisu herself and it is to die for - no joke. We traveled through Italy a few years back and I had Tiramisu at every restaurant. None compared to Flora's. If you like coffee with dessert theirs is wonderful (Italian coffee).

The atmosphere was a bit upscale but comfortable. We wore business casual but a lot of the men were in nice shorts and golf shirts. During the busy summer months be sure to make a reservation. Labor Day weekend was quiet at Hilton Head (thank goodness). I would hate to think we missed eating at Flora's because it was a busy time of year.

Flora's is family owned and run which makes it even nicer.

Bluffton, SC
“Hands down best lobster ravioli ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

I gained about 10 pounds when I ate here, but it was well worth it! Owners are very nice and the lobster ravioli melted in my mouth....it's a nice escape from the typical island atmophere. Good wine selection....great desserts...

S. carolina99
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of Hilton Head”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Great food - better desserts - great service - good central location - reasonable prices - nice people.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
NJ
“Great Italian on Hilton Head Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

Terrific food and service. Early bird special $14.95 and Summer special $19.95 for 3 course meals. This was our 4 th visit and we had a great meal each time. Recommend for couples, families and big groups.