“Pizza fantastic severice not up to par”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #114 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Full service pizza restaurant and bar. Delicious pizza, subs, and salads. 40 craft beers on tap and 80 more in bottles. Outside dining and bar available. 26 TV's and a 12 foot big screen for sports.
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Mello Mushroom has a great atmosphere. Had all kinds of pizza and the pretzels were to die for. I recommend the chicken and cheese calzone. Prices were very reasonable. Service wasn't terrible but wasn't great either.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Could their crust be any thicker. We decided to eat here because of all the good reviews. Clearly people in S.C.do not like real pizza. This pizza had a really thick crust and flavorless sauce and cheese. The onions on the pizza were not cooked, raw onions on a pizza? We waited an hour and a half for our pizza on a Tuesday night. Would not return

1  Thank Shari Y
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We eat at Mellow Mushroom at least twice a month, sometimes more. Unfortunately the last 2 experiences have left us wondering if we will continue to do so. First experience: Dine in. Were sat promptly but had to wait at least 10 minutes before a server even took our drink order. My suggestion to my husband when she returned with the drinks was to hurry up and order dinner. We did just that as we were afraid we would have to wait another 10 minutes or more to order. Drinks never got refilled one time...waitress didn't seem motivated whatsoever...however, pizza was delicious. Second experience: To go order. I called to place a to-go order and was told the wait time was at least an hour and a half. When asked why the long wait, I was told it was because "dine in customers take priority over to go orders". I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Not sure about others but I ALWAYS tip on to go orders (at least 15%)...I'm not sure if this was the reason why they want to deter to go orders but ultimately that plan will backfire because now we don't even want to go and dine in anymore. What a shame because we are local, always come in with a big group, and during football season we are known to rack up a big tab while watching our games. Moral of the story is: the pizza IS GREAT! But service needs work, and a lot of it. We'll be skipping MM for a while...

2  Thank NJSCFoodie
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We love Mellow Mushrooms pizza - it's the best. It also has a full menu, huge bar selection and is an attractive place to eat.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very good service, great atomsphere, really good food. Enjoyed it to the fullest. Pizzas of all kind. Menu is a bit over wehlming though. They need to cut it down little. This is the place to go if you just wanna have fun!!