Sea Side Villas Condominium
$307
$258
$249
$85
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$240
$208
HolidayInn.com
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$153
$139
Hampton Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$145
$132
$287
$251
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
$669
Marriott
Marriott's SurfWatch(Hilton Head)
$639
Marriott
$639
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband & I rented SSV #373 for our first trip to HHI this year. Since there are only two of us we thought small and cost efficient would do the trick. The condo was very clean and well equipped. Our only complaints were that the air conditioning unit (the same type as they use at hotels) had trouble keeping the entire condo cool and the bedroom is on the exterior wall (going into the main hallway of the condo) which didn't allow for the feel of much privacy. We felt as though we were in a hotel at times with the hallway noise.

The maintenance man also told us that #373 was one of the nicer condos in the buildling so that may be something to consider to those staying in other condos.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nothing but positive comments about these two units. Unit #228 is beautiful, updated with new countertops and appliances, nice electronics and comfortable furnishings. Most importantly, the unit could not have been cleaner (very important to Moms of young children and their grandmothers). The view from the deck is wonderful. Bicycles and nice beach chairs come with this unit. Unit #231 also has a wonderful view from the deck. Although not quite as updated as Unit #228, Unit #231 is very comfortable and immaculate. I stayed in this unit while my daughter and her 2 children shared Unit #228. The mattress in 231 is very comfortable and I found the kitchen (though small) to be well equipped with everything I needed for a weekend (or longer) stay. Very nice to have the bunks for the kids when they wanted to sleep over at Ma's condo. The floor plan for both units provides privacy for the adults while having the kids nearby. The entire complex is oceanfront. You are only a few steps from the wonderful beaches of Hilton Head and the pool. I loved sitting on the complex sundeck and looking at the ocean. Just a short walk down the beach takes you to Coligny Plaza offering upscale shopping and dining. Try Java Joes's after a brisk morning walk down the beach - wonderful. Check-in/check-out at both units is simple - even when you arrive after midnight as we did. The owners could not have nicer or more cooperative. I had to reschedule my trip 3 times due to family illness and I very much appreciate very much the owners' willingness to work with me so that I could spend this wonderful weekend with my girls and grandchildren. The owner, David, was always quick to respond to my inquiries and gave me a lot of comfort about the reservation. My daughter-in-law and her mother stayed in another unit in the other building at Seaside and their experience was not so positive. When they arrived, their unit had not been cleaned and had a musty odor. Some of the units at Seaside may need some updating and care, but you will not be disappointed with #228 and #231. Thank you David and Bernadette for making my much needed respite possible.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Amy S
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed in 228 this year. Meticulous. We loved it. Right on the beach and walking distance to shops and markets. We love the apartment. We stayed the week after Christmas. What a great getaway. They offer free bikes which is wonderful as we biked everyday on the beach. The apartment is completely renovated. It's lovely to sit out on the terrace at lunch time or to watch the sun set. This our third stay at the complex. The owners have 2 other condos and they are all renovated and just as nice, we have stayed in one other. We recommend it highly. It comes with everything you need. It's very peaceful. For the summer they give you beach chairs and umbrellas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We rented units #138,#283,#284 at Sea Side Villas. The location is great as it is beach side but the units are not actually ocean front based as the owners claimed. The units are individually owned but from what we could see from these rooms they are really run down. When we checked into our unit there was a dirty q-tip on the floor and the floors were dirty. You also need something called a "fob." This device gets you into the gate. The owner claimed it was on the table but we literally looked everywhere and never found it. We called the owners for over 5 hours trying to get an idea of where the fob was located and if we could have someone come clean. After five hours we left the unit and rented down the street which was indeed ocean front. The owners gave us the run around about the whole deal. Very discouraging because we found this unit on VRBO and this was our first bad experience using them. Some villas looked decent inside, it was just these that were in bad shape, very dirty, cramped and the pictures are misleading. Save your money and rent elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask more questions and ask to see more pictures.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank NicoleSienna
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Unit 311, TAN properties. The location is great, but the condo needs attention! We finally found our unit through some heavy rusty metal doors marked laundry room. We could see the ocean from the balcony, which made it our favorite place to be when we were in the condo, escaped the sticky, stained carpet. The first night, we tried to sleep in the bedroom, but the lights from the hallway lit up the room like daylight and the blinds did not cover enough to help any. After attempting to climb on a chair to remove the bulb, we thought about sleeping on the smelly old pull-out couch where the light did not reach... we got a piece of black plastic the next day at Coligney Hardware-thank you Jake and his people for the plastic! Covered the window with plastic and made the bedroom sleep-worthy. The kitchen was usable and clean and the bathroom was decent. Bed was not too bad, except for flat pillows and old comforter. There were some little built-in bunk beds by the front door if you have little kids. I wouldn't think an adult could sleep there.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple