“Don't eat here if eaily offended”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Harold's Diner

Harold's Diner
Ranked #80 of 364 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Port Orchard, Washington
“Don't eat here if eaily offended”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Harold's has average breakfast food. But I think most people go there for the show he and his staff put on. They are rude to each other and the customers too. But you just give it back, they expect it.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank cb1968

“Good burger, You'll need a shower”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Harold's is entertaining, filled with bumper stickers and attitude, where the customer is always wrong. I laughed. I like this type of humor and expected to enjoy the experience.

The burgers were great, and I eat a mostly vegetarian diet. But I make exceptions on vacation and I'm glad I did because the food was really yummy. In fact, one of the best burgers I've ever had.

But here's why I'll never go back. The restaurant is tiny, so you are basically sitting right in front of the grill. When I left, everything stunk like grease. My hair, clothes, bag, everything smelled like a fried donut. It was a good thing we didn't have anything else scheduled for the day because we all went back to the villa for a shower and to do a load of laundry.

A trip to the bathroom was an...experience. Could use a good cleaning and no paper towels.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank GPChing
Hilton Head Island, SC
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

As residents of the island we visit local restaurants often and we count Harold's as a standout ... REALLY down scale, the food is great (best burgers around) and the atmosphere "unique"...Chuck holds fort daily...we bring our visitors there and it's always a FAV!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank kt_allenbach
North Carolina
“Awesome Burger & Fries.....Great Reuben too”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Harold's is a great little hole in the wall diner on Hilton Head Island. After hearing how the customers were treated we prepared ourselves and entered! We had a great time, the only thing they did to us was repeat our drink orders in sarcastic voices. The paper menus are on the wall as you step inside the door. Each customer must take a menu and fill it out, be sure to write your name at the bottom. We both ordered burgers & fries during our first visit. There are many toppings listed for burgers, however being a Carolina girl I like coleslaw on my burger and it was not listed as a burger topping. What a dilemma! What should I do? Well, I ordered my burger just the way I wanted it. I requested coleslaw as a topping and Harold did a great job without any fuss. He even asked me if I wanted the coleslaw right on top of the burger and that's exactly where I wanted it. The next day we ate lunch again at Harold's. I had the reuben & fries and my husband had another burger & fries. This was one of the best reuben sandwiches (and burgers) I have ever had. The diner is really small (seats approx. 20) but the service is fast and the food is unbelievably good and cheap. We will visit Harold's again and hopefully try breakfast.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank love2bncharleston
Ohio
“Small greasy spoon breakfast--and that's how they like there”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A little diner (1 counter row and 1 row of tables) near Follyfield that has the big breakfast with no frills--unless you consider the banter among the employees and the regulars. Fill out a card at the door and grab a seat--just pretend you've been there before, asking too many questions will make you part of the banter!! Cheap and filling and nobody takes themselves too seriously. Sports-oriented too with TVs and memorablia

Visited December 2012