“Good but not great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catch 22

Catch 22
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch 22 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
West Babylon, New York
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Received a hearty recommendation from the crew of the catamaran that we had sailed on (along with a 10% coupon. So my wife and I gave it a try.
A little difficult to locate, as is everything on HHI. (no signs??)
Service was better than average, but the food, while very good, was not the "knockout" that I was expecting.

1 Thank ret2674

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Celebrated my Husbands Birthday here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Both our meals were fabulous. It was the best meal I have ever eaten. The service was great the scenery was good. I could not say enough good about this restaurant.

3 Thank vickilu2014
Dublin, Ohio
“Wonderful Southern meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

The first night we went to Catch 22, we were honestly told that the restaurant was filled that night with reservations. The hostess (I believe she was one of the owners) offered to have us back the next night or we could sit at the bar, which we did. The bartender was very fun, the menu had too many good choices! Our meals were fantastic - we had shrimp and grits, bone-in fillet and the wine menu was good. The next night, we chose to sit at the bar and we sampled appetizers - again a fantastic meal! The staff and atmosphere at this restaurant make me wish I was a native islander - Catch 22 would be one of our favorite hangouts!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Lisa M
Toronto, Canada
“Great Name for a Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Decided on this restaurant based on the name - it's a favourite novel and the restaurant did not disappoint. The seafood was fantastic, the service friendly, the menu recommendations were useful and the hostess was super polite and friendly. The telephone lines were down this evening, meaning reservations were impossible and credit cards went old school - paper copies which i haven't seen in ages.

Despite the challenges, everything went swimmingly.

I had the 'portabella with lobster, shrimp and boursin'. It was a little disappointing in that it arrived with grilled onions, despite a request to prepare it without. Also, it was a prime example of too much of a good thing - the mushroom was actually a portabello - full size and there was an entire package of boursin (I'm not exaggerating - there was a full inch of grilled boursin). Never thought I'd say this, but really, you needed about a quarter of that amount of cheese. Loads of lobster and grilled shrimp as well.

For an entree, I went with the catch of the day - Tilefish. I'd never had it before, but I will definitely seek it out again. Lovely, meaty but delicate tasting fish, crusted in crushed tortillia chips and pan fried. Delish. Served over excellent risoto - just perfectly prepared. All accompanied by a roasted corn and seafood relish. Excellent.

My partner had the veal with ravioli to start and it was also excellent.

Coffee wasn't great, but the 'peanut butter sushi' was a good sweet - don't know what they put in it, but it was tasty. The creme brule was okay - nicely brule-ed, but the texture wasn't perfect.

There was a good wine list, but they could expand their beer selection - at least one nice wheat beer would be welcome on the menu.

I'd definitely return based on the freshness of the seafood and the creative preparation. Dinner for two, with apps, afters and one beer came to just under $100 pre-tip.

3 Thank 007_nic
Chicago, Illinois
“Compliments for the Chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We chose this restaurant because it came highly recommended and I have to say we were not disappointed! We were greeted by an older gentleman who seated us by the bar which we actually liked. Our server I believe Justin was great! Made us feel welcome.
The food was excellent - you do get what you pay for and it was worth every $$!

• Visited July 2014