“Don't even think about going here!”

Skillets Cafe & Grill
Ranked #88 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Skillets Cafe & Grill is a Family owned and operated restaurant since 1993. We have a large Pet Friendly patio to enjooy meals or listen to entertainment. We continously serve from 7am -10pm EVERDAY.
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Don't even think about going here!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am a local and have lived here for three years. I have heard about Skillets through general adverstising and was in the area so thought I would try their breakfast. Sadly, this place was very busy because of their agressive marketing tactics, but it was far from a good experience for my husband and I. We ordered Biscuits & Gravy... it came out very cold and gravy tasted like flour, nothing else. My husband ordered a side of cheese grits with his meal... a southern specialty (which they advertise that they are have southern "comfort" food) and it was grits with a glob of CHEESE WIZ on top (the type of cheese you get on your nacho's at the ball park). I ended up ordering French Toast and it was nothing special either, but by the time it came out I was so hungry that I decided to eat it. Our server was fine, she did nothing wrong and I actually feel sorry for her that she has to deliver this type of food to the table. This place isn't any better than a cafeteria and it is disappointing that we are allowing tourists to get "trapped" into a place like this. Go somewhere else with great brunch like Boathouse or Black Marlin. Stay away from Skillets.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Megan1015

Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent Lunch & Service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had the turkey Reuben for lunch and it was excellent and the fries were good and not greasy. The hostess and waitress were very friendly and attentive. Skillets Cafe is good for all including families. The menu is varied and they serve breakfast almost all day. There is outdoor seating, the restaurant is clean and has a welcoming and comfortable environment. I will definitely return!

• Visited April 2013
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
“Friendly”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a slight Sunday morning wait. The Bloody Mary was well worth the wait. Staff was very friendly. I had a huge salad while the others in our group had breakfast. Will return and hope to dine outdoors!

• Visited March 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Nice and friendly.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We found the employees to be very friendly. The service was attentive. The food was good. As we visited in the off-season there were no crowds. I would expect a busier and more lively restaurant in the summer.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HHHappy
skillets, Owner at Skillets Cafe & Grill, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank You for your review on Trip Advisor. Hopefully you will make it to Hilton Head one time during the spring or summer.
Covington, Indiana, United States
“Another great restaurant at Coligny”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Tried the Bananas Foster Pancakes first day; delicious but could only eat 1 of the 3 huge pancakes. Topped with bananas and a maple nut syrup. Broke our rule of going to restaurants only once, because our last morning I tried Apricot Stuffed French Toast. Again a wonderful meal, but how can you mess up breakfast! Great service and reasonable prices

Visited March 2013