“Browns' Backers”

Ranked #78 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Street Meet The American Tavern is designed like a 1930 bar out of Youngstown Ohio. Serving Sidewalk sandwiches from America's Favorite Street Corners. Homemade soups, sandwiches, salads, wraps, dinners, desserts & more. Full Bar -Pet Friendly Patio. Family Friendly service with indoor and outdoor seating available. Open 7 days a week 11:30- til 1am, and 12 til 1am on Sat & Sunday. Official Brown's Backers Bar of Hilton Head Island.
“Browns' Backers”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It can be painful at times, but I love watching the Browns play, with Browns fans. Street Meet is the official backers bar of the island, and always has loyal fans there to hang out with. Plus, every time the Browns score, they pass out jello shots!

• Visited December 2013

“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you are looking for small, family friendly, everything good bar/restaurant you have found it! And they deliver if you want to stay home and enjoy

• Visited December 2013
“My new favorite spot”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I just moved to HHI from Ohio and found Street Meet online. Absolutely loved it. Everyone who works there is super friendly. My server's name was Emily. She was great and very funny. Recommended the Cuban sandwich... Which I'll probably eat every time I go there, because it was delicious.
Awesome bar, awesome people, great food. Plus a Browns bar which is also a super plus.

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Soul Kitchen!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went into Street Meet the other day for some lunch and tried their appetizer, "the soul kitchen" after a friend recommended it to me. WOW. Absolutely delicious, and the Bartender, Ian, was very attentive and courteous. He seemed busy, but when I asked for a beer recommendation, he cataloged all of his craft beers for me. He was very knowledgeable and I ended up taking his advice and trying a Caldera Pale Ale from Oregon. It was excellent and I was surprised I'd never heard of it before. I'll definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Best spot on the north end!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just moved to HHI and went into street meet with a girlfriend after a terrible day at work. Considering I was starving I was pleased to see they were still serving food even though it was 12:40 AM and it was good food! We sat at the bar where Ian took care of us. He was hilarious. We had a blast. I will definitely be returning.

• Visited September 2013