“Soul Kitchen!”

Ranked #76 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Street Meet The American Tavern is designed like a 1930 bar out of Youngstown Ohio. Serving Sidewalk sandwiches from America's Favorite Street Corners. Homemade soups, sandwiches, salads, wraps, dinners, desserts & more. Full Bar -Pet Friendly Patio. Family Friendly service with indoor and outdoor seating available. Open 7 days a week 11:30- til 1am, and 12 til 1am on Sat & Sunday. Official Brown's Backers Bar of Hilton Head Island.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went into Street Meet the other day for some lunch and tried their appetizer, "the soul kitchen" after a friend recommended it to me. WOW. Absolutely delicious, and the Bartender, Ian, was very attentive and courteous. He seemed busy, but when I asked for a beer recommendation, he cataloged all of his craft beers for me. He was very knowledgeable and I ended up taking his advice and trying a Caldera Pale Ale from Oregon. It was excellent and I was surprised I'd never heard of it before. I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just moved to HHI and went into street meet with a girlfriend after a terrible day at work. Considering I was starving I was pleased to see they were still serving food even though it was 12:40 AM and it was good food! We sat at the bar where Ian took care of us. He was hilarious. We had a blast. I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Amazingly great food! I got the Pittsburg it was amazing! It has eggs, coleslaw, and fries on it! Amazingly delicious !!! The fries were basically the best I've ever had in my life as well. Great place to go on Hilton Head Island! Love it!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

While on vacation in Hilton Head my husband and I stopped in at Street Meet to have lunch. We were pleasantly surprised with the food. The Fat Tire brew was great! I ordered a chili cheese hot dog and it was super good. My husband had an appetizer of buffalo wings and French fries mixed together with a ranch dressing. The best!

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food, awesome people, awesome bartenders, awesome drinks. Just. Awesome. I love coming here after work especially cause the people here are so cool and that's awesome after dealing with poopy customers all day.