“Great locals food place”

Street Meet the American Tavern
Ranked #85 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Street Meet The American Tavern is designed like a 1930 bar out of Youngstown Ohio. Serving Sidewalk sandwiches from America's Favorite Street Corners. Homemade soups, sandwiches, salads, wraps, dinners, desserts & more. Full Bar -Pet Friendly Patio. Family Friendly service with indoor and outdoor seating available. Open 7 days a week 11:30- til 1am, and 12 til 1am on Sat & Sunday. Official Brown's Backers Bar of Hilton Head Island.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
“Great locals food place”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My favorite food on the menu is the gyro with the onion rings, I get it every time I go, My son loves the Soul Kitchen and my husband loves the Italian sausage.

• Visited August 2013

Mahomet, Illinois
“Great local dive--great food & service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Everything we ordered was good and a lot of it! Something for everyone, even vegetarians. The fries were the favorite for everyone!!

• Visited August 2013
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
“Totally Yum”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After riding out a horrible storm last night, we went to Street Meet on the recommendation of a waiter from another restaurant. He was right on the money. We 3 teenage boys..this was the perfect place. Started off with "Soul Kitchen" which was wings and fries tossed with this out of the world chipotle and ranch sauce. We all had sandwiches...hoit sausage to a hot dog. All good and the onion rings are the best ever. To top off the meal...we had and shared the fried twinkie, cheesecake and oreos. Perfect ending. The wait staff was awesome and very attentive. They even put the Pirates baseball game on for us eventhough we were in a Cleveland Browns bar!

• Visited July 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Neil was a amazing bar tender with a great sense of humor. Can't beet the 3 dollar shot specials on Thursdays, and live music on the patio. Have to try there deep fried perogies!!

Visited July 2013
“Horrible waiter, overpriced food, 1:58pm”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My mother sister and I came down to visit Hilton Head for the first time. We decide to eat here on our day if arrival. The food was OK, but definitely not worth $40.

First, we arrived at 1:58. When we got our menus, my mother had her phone out (phones are the most accurate time as they update automatically) and she asked nicely if we could get the lunch menu because it technically wasn't 2pm yet. Well, instead of giving us a polite good excuse why we couldn't, the waiter said "well it's just clocked out on my watch, sorry." To me, that was a very rude comment, especially for a server to make to customers and his watch could have been wrong. The only reason why we didn't leave was because we were hungy.

Secondly, we were only waited on three times. Menu, One refill and check. (A different nicer girl gave us our food) No one, especially our waiter, asked or offered us refills after my one when our drinks were obviously empty, my sister had a meat gyro and really needed napkins and our waiter never came bak for us to even ask. Each meal (and my hotdog which was good but not worth it) was $10 plus $2 for our drinks we didn't receive refills on except me for the one time.

Honestly, the tea wasn't that great, the fries were hot, my hotdog was good, but I could have had a 6oz steak for the price we payed with better service.

The restaurant probably would have been better overall if we had a better server...There were only two tables and one guy at the bar, I know our waiter shouldn't have been to busy to wait on us. After all, two tables with one guy at the bar and two waiters shouldn't be that hard to take care of.

• Visited July 2013