“Chain Restaurant with Better than Average Food”

Bonefish Grill - Hilton Head Island
Ranked #114 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sussex, NJ
“Chain Restaurant with Better than Average Food”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went to Bonefish Grill having eaten at many different Bonefish Grills throughout the country. This restaurant is part of the Outback chain of restaurants and is well managed, serves good food and has very good service. The food this evening was excellent as always and the restaurant was humming, always a good sign. The fish was prepared to our liking and as we requested. The service was a little less than exceptional, therefore the 4 instead of 5 rating. Overall a very good dining experience.

• Visited September 2012

Hamilton, Canada
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

A coworker that vacations in Hilton Head recommended this restaurant to me when I asked for good seafood. I would never have known this was a chain restaurant as I had never heard of it before, and the atmosphere had a very upscale feel to it. Our waiter was a bit odd but he went far out of his way to make sure that everything was perfect for us and was very attentive. We didn't have to wait long for anything and got what we asked for promptly without ever having to ask twice. I did see a waitress at a table across from ours have a good 15 minute conversation with a stranger, telling her life story. I would be pretty upset if she was my server so I can understand some of the other reviews. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer and it was very good. The peanut dipping sauce was amazing. My girlfriend ordered lobster and loved it. I went with the stuffed Tilapia (stuffed with crab and scallops if I remember correctly). Another waitress brought me my plate and informed me that it was her favourite dish on the menu and I can see why. Paired with a full pint of Red Stripe this was probably the best dinner of our road trip and I look forward to visiting another Bonefish Grill in the future.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SteelcityHammer
Bath
“Too rich, too heavy”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We dropped in here on our way to an evening of jazz. We were told that we would have to wait 25 minutes for a table. It turned out to be 45.

When we did get a table, our waitress asked if we had been there before, we said no, so she explained the menu and choices. I ordered the "bang bang" shrimp, and my wife had a scallop special. Both arrived very quickly and were much heavier, bigger, and richer than we expected for starters. When we mentioned this to the waitress, she said that regulars usually had a starter between two - knowing it was our first visit, she could have told us that when we ordered.

No sooner had our plates gone, than our mains arrived. I like enough time to catch my breath, so this was far too fast. I had a lobster roll special, and my wife had a fish taco special. Both came swamped with rich, heavy sauces, and we simply could not finish them.

We were out in less than an hour. Not the best on Hilton Head, and we will not be back

• Visited August 2012
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Food great as usual but wait staff could use an overhaul”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Had the filet and cheese potatoes and both excellent. Husband had crab encrusted pompano with lump crab meat for the second time at a Bonefish and that was excellent as well. My only complaint as usual with this chain is the staff. Our waiter, Ryan L., had an attitude and was not very attentive so I would avoid his section if at all possible.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Kudos to Bonefish Grill !”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Several weeks ago, along with another couple we had dinner at Bonefish Grill. Unfortunately the server was irritable, and over charged one dinner. The following day, a call was made to the restaurant and the manager apologized. Within three days we and the other couple received a discount coupon for our next dinner at the Bonefish Grill.Toward the end of the dinner the manager, Chase, approached our table. He introduced himself and asked us, using our names,how we enjoyed the dinner and the service. We all were pleasantly surprised by his professionalism. The food was well prepared, the fish was fresh and the presentation was very nice. A little noisy, but it's a busy family restaurant! Natasha

• Visited August 2012