“What a great find!”

Main Street Cafe & Pub
Ranked #40 of 381 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Description: Serving seafood, steaks, southern favorites and "pub fare with a creative flair" Serving ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS AFTER 5:00 PM 6 NIGHTS A WEEK..... OPEN SUNDAYS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO LABOR DAY WEENKEND
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My wife was looking for all you can eat crab legs, the other couple we're traveling with and I were just looking for good food. Am I glad we gave Main Street Cafe a try! Nice beer selection, prompt and courteous service and the food was fantastic! We started with crab balls and oysters main street - wow, both were wonderful. The crab legs were the best my wife has had, always steamy hot, never overcooked, and quick to come out after asking for another plate. I had the broiled seafood plate which was very good, the Chorizo trout and lobster salad roll were also excellent. This was a great find - it's going on the list of "must stop" places whenever we come here!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

996 - 1,000 of 1,065 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Spent a week on the Island and visited some places we had not tried in previous trips. Our trip to Main Street Cafe & Pub was interesting & rewarding. The location is somewhat off the beaten path, but the directions given me by the manager were complete and easily understood. 2nd, the food was great, with a menu of tremendous variety. 3rd, our waiter was very helpful in recommending other places to visit that were not of your normal variety.
All in all, a nice place to add to our list of regular stops on Hilton Head Island.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I visit Main Street Cafe often. Chef Aaron makes great daily specials and his soups are to die for. I love to sit on the outside patio the new tables are totally cool. I always feel like I am part of the Main Street family. I would highly recommend this restraunt to everyone.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Lots of good reviews, as you can see, but on our lunchtime visit, not worthy of it's current ranking.

I had the lobster roll. Portion size was adequate. There's nothing that makes it stand out more than any other place. Not a whole lot of flavor.
Kids got hamburgers. Typical. A little overcooked though, when asked for medium.
Others got taco salad and cobb salads. Fresh. Easy-to-make item that's hard to mess-up, so no complaints.
I would have expected a little more portion for the cost.
Our table had all kinds of gunk that was built-up in between the folds of the table too. Didn't visit the bathrooms.
Nice little bar.
Would I recommend it? Tough to say, with all the other places to go, I'd be inclined not to.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

I had the crab cake sandwhich, was pretty good. Another person had the all you can eat crab which was excellent with large juicy pieces. The atmosphere was very good and we were greated by the owner or management who came by our table. Nice place.