“Great good great service!”

Main Street Cafe & Pub
Ranked #18 of 377 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: Serving seafood, steaks, southern favorites and "pub fare with a creative flair" Serving ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS AFTER 5:00 PM 6 NIGHTS A WEEK..... OPEN SUNDAYS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO LABOR DAY WEENKEND
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Crab legs are to die for! Exceptional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to get the key lime pie for dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Karla was a excellent server!

2  Thank Mnvikesfan3
faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed everything so much. Crab legs and Key lime are great choices.
Karla is great. She has been with our team for over 10 years. We are so grateful to her and the care she takes with our guests.

Thanks again for the review

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Looking for all you can eat crab claws and left with an awesome experience for the entire family. Harry the server made us feel right at home but far enough away from Atlanta to enjoy this local hidding place. Celebrating my wife's birthday Harry even brought us out a piece of Key Lime Pie to savor the day on the island. Sazar the manager? kept checking on us and made sure everything was to our satisfaction. I had the Fish Fry and normally would stay away from the fried food but enjoyed every bite of the cod. The kids were arm wrestling the birthday girl for some scraps of crab claws and had a great time. Thank you for going over the top on her special day and introducing us to our new stop the next time to Hilton Head.
Chris Wilson

1  Thank CW2907

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you chose us for the birthday celebration. We always consider it an honor when guests choose us to celebrate a special occasion with. Thanks for mentioning Harry and Cesar they are valuable members of our team.

See you next time

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I love coming into Main Street. At least 2-3 times a month (minimum) I stop in and have a late lunch or dinner there. The staff is always friendly and takes the time to learn my favorite items on the menu, and makes suggestions according to past orders. In a place that is well known for its tourism offerings, it's nice to know there's such a great restaurant that caters to the local crowd and visitors as well!!!!!

2  Thank Meghan C

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate our frequent diners. Next time you are in you should try the frozen Key lime Pie Margarita , I know you will love it.

See you soon

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The place was packed on a recent Friday night with obvious non-tourists. We chose Main Street Cafe based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were pleasantly greeted and seated right away in a large dining room. However, it took several minutes for the server to take our drink order. Several minutes later our drinks arrived. After several more minutes, I flagged down our server to order an appetizer. She seemed shocked that we were ready to order our entrees as well. An appetizer of crab balls was excellent. The tangy sauce provided just the right kick for the dish. My companion's salad arrived at the same time - which is indicative of the start and stop nature of the service here. One entree - scallops - was excellent in a creamy broth with parm cheese on top. A side of rice and summer vegetables complemented the plate. The other entree - Friday Fish Fry - contained two greasy, tasteless slabs of fish along with some of the blandest (is that a word?) cole slaw I have ever eaten. The only thing passable on this plate was the fries. Only once, right after our entrees arrived, did our server appear again to ask "How are things, excellent?" After that, she disappeared. I'm guessing she had multiple tables in another part of the place. Later, I had to ask another server for water. After finishing our dinner and waiting fifteen minutes, I asked the bus boy to retriever our server. After he apparently got lost too, I got up and told the host our situation. He apologized, but offered no explanation. After that, the bus boy arrived and said "here's your check" and plopped it on the table. One minute later, the host brought another copy of our check as well. Again, no server. Only after I laid cash out on the table did the server reappear. She didn't ask how our food was, if we wanted anything else, apologize for the extended delays, etc. This place has some of the markings of a fine establishment. I guess the locals just know what to order and whom to request as a server and/or don't care to take almost two hours for a meal. We won't be back.

1  Thank Gatoric
faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I spent the weekend mulling around how to respond to this review and the best I can come up with is "deserved". We were completely under staffed for the volume we did. I personally extend my deepest apology for your experience.
I am not going to make excuses for what happened. I can only hope you will give us another chance. You can see from previous reviews this is not our norm and again I am so sorry for this experience..

Sincerely

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I love coming into this place!! It is just like cheers. The chili cheese dog is great. The Buffalo Fried shrimp are great. I get mine with the sauce on the side and dip the shrimp into the sauce and then into the blue cheese. But, that's just me. I will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank Tripper201

Thank you . We hear the cheers reference often. We work hard to try and make sure we learn everybody's name. The buffalo shrimp are yummy. They are one of our most popular appetizers. We even have customers that like to turn them into an entrée portion for dinner.
We will see you next time!

Thanks again