“One of My Favorite Lunch Spots” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Main Street Cafe & Pub

Main Street Cafe & Pub
Ranked #28 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving seafood, steaks, southern favorites and "pub fare with a creative flair" Serving ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS AFTER 5:00 PM 6 NIGHTS A WEEK..... OPEN SUNDAYS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO LABOR DAY WEENKEND
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“One of My Favorite Lunch Spots”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband, daughter and I all had lunch at Main Street Café this past week. Despite an extensive and tempting lunch menu, I ordered my usual grilled salmon spinach salad which is absolutely delicious (topped with such goodies as pecans, dried cranberries, Gorgonzola cheese, mandarin oranges, bacon and onion). My daughter asked if she could have the same salad, but with blackened chicken instead of the salmon and the staff graciously honored her request. My husband had the Ruben sandwich with fries which he totally enjoyed. I’m not real sure how they cook their fries (I do believe they are homemade), but they are some of the island’s best- crispy, not greasy and spiced just right. My husband suggested next time to order an extra side of the fires so he didn't have to share his!
Our server, Cindy, was efficient, personable and attentive. Food service was timely even though the restaurant was quite busy.

Main Street serves lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.. They have an extensive menu with a variety of salads, sandwiches, pasta, seafood and meat dishes (and desserts, of course). They are also famous for their All You Can Eat Crab Legs, an island favorite. The dining area is casual and homey with plenty of seating and attracts both locals and visitors alike.

Main Street Café should be a definite stop for out- of - towners and a tried and true locale for residents.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Bearsfan51
faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you and your family enjoyed everything. The Salmon salad has not been on the menu for very long and has definately become a top seller. We appreciate such an extensive review . We look forward to the next time you visit.

Anytown
“Crabs Galore!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This little gem of a place definitely has more to it than meets the eye. We were out for our traditional "last night, dine out" at the end of our Christmas season sabbatical to Hilton Head and were searching for an all-you-can-eat crab buffet - we hit the jackpot! Did not expect such a HUGE supply of crab legs from a "café & pub" but boy, did they deliver. The restaurant was rather full and our waitress was maxed out with an enormous group and three additional tables, but when we had her full attention, she immediately felt like family - Carla was awesome! The crab legs were endless, and the pub fries were to-die-for. The ambience was so homey and charming; even with televisions and music playing it never felt loud and obnoxious (like a T.G.I.Fridays can get). My family of six felt comfortable, relaxed, and full to the brim - money well spent when you have finicky kids! We were the last to leave, but never felt rushed. This is the kind of neighborhood place you see in the movies or on television and wish you could go there too.... and now we can! So happy to add this place to our annual tradition. We will DEFINITELY be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so elated by your statement " This is the kind of neighborhood place you see in movies or on television and wish you could go there." What a great compliment!! WE are grateful you found us and everyone enjoyed it.
We are not a buffet but people are often amazed by the crab legs.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“All You Can Eat Crab Legs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The best deal on the island! I must have eaten 5 lbs of crab legs. The atmosphere was great and the people were nice. Carla, our waitress, was wonderful and patient with our family of 6. My review would be 5, but the service was a little slow to start, although Carla worked hard to compensate.

Good service, atmosphere, and value will make us return next Christmas on our annual getaway to Hilton Head Island.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you found us and enjoyed your experience. Karla is an excellent server and has been part of our Main Street family for a long time

We look forward to seeing you for Christmas next year

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great place for lunch and drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

My cousin and I came here while staying in Palmetto Dunes. I read the reviews and I wanted to check this place out. We were seated outside since the weather was perfect with overcast skies. We came here to try their salads and drinks. The waitress we had was awesome and helped us as we were undecided on what to get. The Sandy Paws drink was great but the Curried Chicken Salad was amazing!! The prices are reasonable for it being a vacation spot, I felt the food was definitely worth the price paid (if not more)! Definitely check out this restaurant if you want great food with great service!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank butterfly2124
faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you found us. The patio is always a great way to dine for lunch or dinner.
The Curry Chicken salad has been a local favorite for a long time. Glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are on the Island

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Great food, great guitar, great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I think they reinvented the Fried Green Tomato BLT. Really good. Tim is awesome on the guitar. Service is good too. One of my island favorites. Located in a nice little shopping area.

faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to be one of your favorites. Tim Malchek is great. Tuesdays with Tim have become very successful and we look forward to continuing with him throughout the New Year.

We look forward to seeing you again

Thanks so much