“Very friendly,great crab legs!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Main Street Cafe & Pub

Main Street Cafe & Pub
Ranked #28 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving seafood, steaks, southern favorites and "pub fare with a creative flair" Serving ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS AFTER 5:00 PM 6 NIGHTS A WEEK..... OPEN SUNDAYS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO LABOR DAY WEENKEND
Newnan, Georgia
“Very friendly,great crab legs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

First time to HHI, and went over to Main Street cafe for dinner, and what a great time we had! The staff was very friendly and the crab legs were the best! My wife and I both had the crab legs and totally enjoyed them, didn't have to wait for additional legs, the staff brought them out to our table when we asked for another plate. Oh, try the key lime pie , it was very good also. We will be back to the cafe the next time we come to town that's for sure!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review . We are so glad you enjoyed the crab legs. Thank you for giving kudos to our team. We have a great crew and we really appreciate when people take the time to compliment them. We look forward to the next time you visit us.

Thanks again

Philadelphia
“A varied menu for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stopped in for the first time while visiting HHI. Comfortable interior, airy and natural light, with a fairly extensive lunch menu that would appear to have something for all tastes. I opted for the special of the day--- blackened scallops over a roasted romaine lettuce salad. This worked really well together. Because of the varied menu and how good my dish was, I would return here to try other things. Friendly and attentive service.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you found us for your first visit with us. The Grilled Romaine Salad with Blackened Shrimp and Thai Chili Balsamic dressing is one of my favorite specials.
We looked forward to the next time you visit us.

Thanks again
“Home. Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We live ten minutes from this restaurant and mt office is five minutes away. My wife and I use this place as our default eating place not only because of proximity but because the food and service are consistently very good. We are always happy with the variety o sandwiches,salads and more substantial entrees.
This is palace where you can eat every day and know what you will get. I particularly like the chili cheese dog and my wife likes the chili--best on the Island she says--.
Not gourmet dininig but not expensive either. This is certainly the best of the several eateries in the Main Street cluster.

Prescott
“Poor service - great crab legs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We came to this restaurant for the All you can eat crab legs. We inquired about using their coupon from the tourist book-was not applicable on the All you can eat. The restaurant was not busy and had several empty tables. We watched as people came in and were told there was a minimum twenty minute wait because they didn't have enough servers (Friday early evening). The service was exceptionally poor. The bathroom was out of toilet paper and one of the two stalls toilet was overflowing onto the floor. The crab legs were good, if you could get them. We saw several customers literally get up from their seats and find a server to get more crab legs or service. I believe we actually got the customers next order of crab legs meant for the table behind us, but wasn't sure and enjoyed them as we saw how hard it was to get service. For spending $100 on food and drink for two-I expected much better service-they were obviously understaffed and mismanaged. Too bad. I would not waste my time there again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review . Although my immediate reaction is to be defensive, I know you have valid points. Our team had already reviewed this shift and discussed what we could have done differently. As you can see from all of the previous reviews we very rarely have service issues. I am so sorry that you experienced poor service. Since you did enjoy the crab legs I can only hope that you will give us a 2nd chance the next time you are on the Island.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“My new home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The first time I entered this establishment, I was introduced to most of the staff by a frequent patron. Upon my return, they all remembered me by name. I thought this to be totally amazing. The food is is simply outstanding, with a very wide variety of choices, priced right, and the service is totally AWESOME! You definitely need to check out this quaint cafe/pub for yourself. I assure you there will be no dissapointments, and you will look forward to your next visit as I do. I am now and, most definitely will be, a regular customer along with many others they serve. Admiration goes out to all the Main Street Staff for making my visits memorable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.The first time you told me about your first experience here I walked away so proud of everyone. I am so grateful that they made the effort to welcome you and that you felt as though you were at home. It is our pleasure.

see you tonight