“Nice Meal with Great Service”

Marleys Island Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Marleys Island Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 377 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Greenwood Dr.
Description: Marleys Island Grille features a casual, yet sophisticated, upbeat, fun tropical environment. We are passionate about serving only the freshest wood-fired grilled seafood, steaks, succulent lobsters and much more. Our full service bar prepares the most refreshing, coolest libations, specializing in mojitos, margaritas, house made sangria and tropical drinks. Don"t forget to visit Marleys Homemade Ice Cream and Trading Company next door!
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our meal here while watching a football game. I would definately not consider this a sports bar, but there are some tv's in the bar area which is where we requested to sit. We were very happy with our meal (both had steaks) and service. Marley's has a fun atmosphere. We would recommend this restaurant to others and would definately dine here again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had dinner last night at Marleys; we being 3 people over the age of 60. Tuesday is buy one entree, get one free. And there's always the early bird menu for $15.95. I ordered a flank steak off the early bird menu and it was fine. I was most impressed with the crispness of the green beans and the portion of this dinner. It comes with soup or salad, and soft drink or coffee or tea. I had the salad which was a nice mix of spring greens, seeds, and hearts of palm.
We experienced a couple of negatives. Mine was the portion of wine served. I had a glass of house white and while the glass was a nice normal wine glass size, it was less than 1/2 full. I always am amazed that with wines being so reasonably priced even retail, a restaurant will purposely do a small pour.
My friend and her husband were going to do the 2 for 1 entree. She ordered a dinner size salad with "pan seared" tuna. Our waitress began to leave, but to her credit, came back to announce the salad could not be considered as part of the 2 for 1. Since so much time went into deciding what to order, and asking specifically about the explanation of 2 for 1, my friends just decided the heck with it, bring the salad anyhow.
Salad came and the tuna might have been considered pan seared by some, but by our standards, was not. It was sliced thin (nice), but slightly opaque on the edge, the rest was definitely raw. There was no browning of the fish, no crusty texture. Now, I'll eat rare tuna, but my friend does not and won't touch raw. Consequently, not wanting to complain, she just pushed it aside. When the waitress came back, I asked her if this tuna was cooked? She went to ask someone, and said yes, it was pan seared. At that point, since we had already been over the 2 for 1 entree thing, since the salad was $15.00 (cost of some other dinners), since my friend didn't touch the tuna, the waitress should have just said, "you know what, let's do it as the 2 for 1" and given it to them for free. That would have been a smart move, one that would have brought us back again to try one more time. I gave the restaurant an average rating because the decor is lovely; and my dinner was fine; not outstanding, but fine. I might go back again sometime to have a drink with my husband at the bar, but with all the competition on the island, might not. Sorry Marley------------

Reviewed February 21, 2013

A once popular restaurant, tried it for lunch. I ordered grilled heart of romain salad with ahi tuna. I have had this in other restaurants, Marley's charred the lettuce, came out black, wilted, and smelled like gas. Tuna was bland. Took waiter 30 minutes to get fresh lettuce. Two waiters were literally running to keep up with their tables, and it wasn't a large crowd. I could go on but this restaurant is overdue for either a new owner or a major facelift/makeover. Don't waste your time or money on this tourist trap.

1  Thank Ken V
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Marleys has good food and drinks. We sat at the bar today and it was during off-hours so they weren't busy but everything was still wonderful. We loved the grilled romaine salad with chicken (much better than we anticipated). The crab dip and fish tacos were good as well but the salad stole the show. The atmosphere is a fun beachy place. I have been before in the summer when it is very busy and it is more fun then but it is still a great place in the off-peak season.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I dined here the day before Valentine's day. Marleys Island Grill was offering a special four course Valentine's day menu PLUS it was their regular Wednesday night half-price wine night. What a deal! We enjoyed their special appetizer plus an excellent Lobster Bisque. We both ordered a filet mignon that was prepared exactly as each of us requested. The dessert was also good, but we were so full that we ordered it "to go" and enjoyed it the next day. Our server tried very hard to please us. What kept us from having a truly excellent experience was where we were seated. We ended up in one of three tables right next to the bar (and I mean RIGHT NEXT to the bar!) Instead of quietly enjoying our meal, we were "entertained" by watching the patrons at the bar and a large screen TV showing a basketball game. While we were there the hostess tried to seat two other couples in the same area, but both requested to be moved somewhere else and were accommodated. There were plenty of open tables. I understand the restaurant business so I rarely complain about seating, but I guess I should have done so in this case. If we were seated anywhere else this establishment would have earned the highest rating from me.