“Good Food, Great Service”

Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 377 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Merchant St
Description: Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge "Steaks, Chops, Seafood, and Wiseguys" Step through the revolving door and into a swanky restaurant with all the style of the Rat Pack era. Big booths, soft lighting and snappy service will take you back to the 50's and 60's big city lounges of Chicago, Las Vegas and New York. The huge Italian – American menu has something for everyone! Hand cut steaks, chicken and veal dishes, fresh seafood, pastas, flatbread pizzas, and housemade desserts! Serving lunch and dinner daily, and our fabulous Brunch every Sunday!
Reviewed October 6, 2013

As with all Hilton Head restaurants, this place was packed on Friday night, but our reservation was kept immediately. Service was prompt and courteous in spite of the crowd, and food was served hot and was very good. The menu offers a wide variety for all food tastes and habits. I recommend this place, but a reservation would be advised.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great atmosphere, very like NYC. My starter of spinach dip was the best I've had, hot, spicy and with multi coloured corn chips. Easily enough for 2or3 people as an appetiser. My husband had the sliders, and liked them so much he immediately asked for fries with them, and skipped his entree. My eggplant parmigiana was very average, with overcooked spaghetti, and my side of broccoli was cold. Wonderful desserts, though, especially the butterfingers cake, again each portion enough for 2or3 people.

Good cocktails, excellent dirty martini. Good service.

I would definitely go back, but order a different main course.

1  Thank Jennie P
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a unique restaurant with an immense and diverse menu. When you enter Frankie Bones you step back in time to the Rat Pack days of the late 50’s and early 60’s with décor, seating, pictures and music of the era. You think you’re in NYC or Hollywood at a restaurant where Frank or Dean are going to come walking by.

The menus, yes plural, have an unbelievable diversity of food selections on them. They have the everyday menu, the daily specials menu and the seasonal or special occasion menu. Currently they’re offering the Oktoberfest menu with a variety of real German Oktoberfest foods. So, it doesn’t really matter what type of food you like, they got it!

I had the Oktoberfest sampler. A little of all things German, so I won’t list the stuff, but it’s enough for three people there’s so many items. It was good, even though I was fonder of some things than others. My wife had the veal parm and our friends had a strawberry walnut salad and a ribeye steak. The veal parm was real veal and not a formed pressed frozen patti of ground veal so often served and my friend’s steak was large and cooked to perfection. And “S” said the salad was good; I’m not into fruit, lettuce and nuts mixed together, so I took her word for it.
The restaurant was very busy and you shouldn’t go without reservations any night. It’s also very loud to the point it can be distracting and uncomfortable. In the end the food was good, but definitely not the best I had while on Hilton Head Island, and the decor was neat, but the noise was too much.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went there for the early bird special. For the price, I would say its a value but if the food wasn't that good who would care? . But the food was good and the service was also. I had the seafood spaghetti and wife had chicken. Both were good. I would recommend this place. Ps: a little hard to find as its off the main road, don't trust the GPS .

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Dinner of veal masala was fabulous! It's a "not to be missed" entree. The waiter was polite but not as enthusiastic about serving us as he was the younger diners around us. Actually, he never introduced himself. And while that didn't mare our meal, it did affect his gratuity in a small way.