“We All Liked It”

Chow Daddy's
Ranked #36 of 380 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chow Daddy's is like an easygoing visit with a long time friend who insists on cooking you beyond sensational, amped up Southern food with bold flavors that inspire an audible "wow" with every bite. Bold culinary-forward recipes made from scratch using fresh, high-quality ingredients and time honored cooking techniques create the ultimate power couple - Southern comfort meets unpretentious sophistication.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This place is relatively new on the island and a friend mentioned they go there and always liked it. He didn't think I would like it however. One afternoon we were headed to Sea Shack for lunch, but alas, it was packed. What a surprise. I suggested we try Chow Daddy since it's right next door. It wasn't very crowded either. The person who greeted us was very nice and friendly and seated us. Server came by promptly and was very nice. My wife tried the radish appetizer and she loved it. So did it. My brother in law had the mushroom appetizer and also liked it.

For my lunch I had the steak tacos. Very tasty. I was going to try the Fish Tacos, but found out the fish they use is tilapia. IMHO, no quality place should be using tilapia for anything, but that's me! :)

The decor inside is cool and kind of funky. Looks like they found several unique uses for some old baskets and buckets, etc.

Overall, a good casual place and I will go back. I just won't get the fish tacos until they use a real fish. HInt: Cod is relatively inexpensive, mild in taste too and one of the better fish tacos nearby is made from it. Mahi also works well. Grouper is the best, but yes it's more expensive.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

New restaurant with a really great but not overloaded menu. I loved my mango and avocado salad. My husband said the burger was one of the best he has ever had. Chicken tacos also a hit. Didn't look like you could go wrong with anything!!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

You just can't say enough good things about this restaurant! They offered gluten free bread and we're extremely knowledgeable about having a gluten allergy, making it easy to accommodate our family. For those of us who aren't gluten free, the meals were AMAZING. The prime rib burger was a big hit at our table, as well as the slow roasted pork bowl. The server was extremely attentive and we are looking forward to going back sometime this week!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had an $16 Hamburger and the Southern Chix BBQ Sandwich was more corn bread than chicken. Maybe we arrived on a "Off" day, but not a big fan after our first visit.

Price B, Owner at Chow Daddy's, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Terrie,
We grind fresh prime rib in house daily (2 to 3 times a day to be exact) to make our burgers. We serve them with cheese, caramelized onions and arugula on a freshly baked onion roll with an order of steak fries. Therefore, we do charge 14.95. I am sorry to say that out of the thousands that we have sold that you are our first complaint. The Southern Pulled Chicken should have been a large portion and I would guess that there is some human error on our part. I wish you had brought your dissatisfaction to our attention while you were here so we could have corrected it for you.
I do hope that you will give us another try.
Price Beall

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We loved this restaurant! Initially we tried to go across the street to the Sea Shack, but the line was wrapped around the parking lot and we didn't want to wait that long, so we decided to go here instead. We are SO happy we did. The service was great, the food was fabulous and the drinks were AMAZING. Out of curiosity we did end up going to the Sea Shack the following day for lunch, but we were really disappointed with it, despite all the great ratings. So we were happy that we had ended up at Chow Daddy's the night before for dinner. The Southern Pulled Chicken was SO good!