“Hilton Head's Hidden Gem”
Review of Java Burrito Co

Java Burrito Co
Ranked #6 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Java Burrito Co. Is a family- owned and operated Mexican Grill & Coffee Bar in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We've only been around since 2013 yet the family history in the restaurant industry goes back over 100 years!! We use the finest ingredients and traditional methods to produce the most exceptional products. Our Burrito Bar and Coffee Bar sources organic and local food when in season. We never use artificial preservatives and absolutely no growth hormones or antibiotics. Our philosophy promotes positive change within the sustainable farming initiative, supporting farms and individuals with like standards. We look forward to seeing ya'll soon!
Reviewed July 19, 2014

You must visit Java Burrito Co! Tucked away in The Village of Wexford, this upscale yet casual locally-sourced restaurant hits every mark. Amazing food, atmosphere and bar selection makes it the perfect spot for any meal on the Island. Steak burrito exceeded my expectations and the fresh, house-made margarita prepared by the owner complimented their commitment to a unique and personal dining experience.

3  Thank Amy S
There are newer reviews for Java Burrito Co

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place is so good it makes all other burrito places seem like they fall short. So fresh and tasty that it makes you want to go back right away. I took my kids here for lunch and they talked about it 4 or 5 times after we left. Here is the problem though, I live about an hour away from Hilton Head. So it is actually possible to drive here for lunch and I know I'm going to kill a day driving here to eat again soon. It's that good! It's stupid good!

1  Thank John S
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm still sitting here after wolfing down my burrito bowl and had to break out my laptop to write a review. First off, this place is nice. I'm not sure if they decorated or got to take advantage of the place that was here before them, but the place is NICE! Super comfortable decor and super clean all around. Good music playing and a flat screen on the wall.
Now the food. I've been here like 4 times now, everything has been delicious every time. I had a breakfast burrito that was filled with all the stuff I wanted... pork, eggs, salsa-verde, sour cream, pico even some fresh cilantro. I've tried both chicken and the steak as well and each were also delicious.
Comparing it to a Chipotle is, in my opinion, a diss. This is waaay better than that in every way. Champagne, wine, beer and a great coffee bar, no this is not Chipotle.

1  Thank CaptainSkinny
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Java Burrito is awesome! The food is delicious and I love that they are committed to using locally-sourced food. The atmosphere is a relaxed-urban feel and I always see people there that I know. (Yes, the locals LOVE it!) I haven't tried the breakfast yet, but that is only a matter of time! Great work JBC!

1  Thank Tiffany S
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Extremely friendly staff serving up delicious burritos of goodness! If you're a fan of the Chipotle chain, you'll feel right at home ordering some of your favorites plus that elusive queso dip you know you really want. Added bonus they source ingredients from local farms. We stopped in on Saturday afternoon and were enthusiastically greeted. There wasn't a large crowd and the staff took their time making our burritos carefully. While we ate we noticed not only their selection of wine but a quirky selection of very expensive champagne ( $225 Dom Pérignon anyone?) you could enjoy with your giant burritos. I know any burrito enthusiast would have a good time celebrating like that! They had advertisements for their upcoming live music nights and when the line was low several employees were quick to keep up bussing used tables and chatting with customers. Soon after we finished an employee offered to clean away our trays even though it's a take-up-your-trash kind of casual place. Great for a local lunch on the island, you'll leave full and feeling hip for eating at a local establishment that knows burritos go with everything .

2  Thank Kat T