“YAY!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Java Burrito Co
Ranked #4 of 362 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Cafe, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Java Burrito Co. Is a family- owned and operated Mexican Grill & Coffee Bar in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We've only been around since 2013 yet the family history in the restaurant industry goes back over 100 years!! We use the finest ingredients and traditional methods to produce the most exceptional products. Our Burrito Bar and Coffee Bar sources organic and local food when in season. We never use artificial preservatives and absolutely no growth hormones or antibiotics. Our philosophy promotes positive change within the sustainable farming initiative, supporting farms and individuals with like standards. We look forward to seeing ya'll soon!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“YAY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

What a great addition to Hilton Head - I'm a local but will be telling all of our visitors about this new place. You choose between a burrito, burrito bowl or salad, then you customize it to your liking. I had the honey wheat tortilla filled with shredded pork, cilantro rice, black beans, pico de gallo, corn salsa, peach relish, sour cream and lettuce...absolutely delish. They also serve beer, wine and champagne and breakfast, lunch a dinner. The inside of the old Hugo's at Wexford has completely transformed into a comfortable, clean and welcoming interior. The ingredients cannot be any more fresh. Try this out - you'll love it!

Hilton Head Island
“Finally found a restaurant that makes the perfect made to order burrito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Found Java Burrito by accident while shopping in Wexford. After living on Hilton Head for many years, I had given up on finding a great burrito like the ones I enjoyed in Colorado. But to my pleasant surprise, my search is over, my friend Martha and I found Java Burrito. The flavor of the shreaded pork was perfect. Not over powering with spices or salt so the flavor of the fresh ingredients could blend perfect with every bite. What is also very exciting, they use local farms and businesses to support their fresh ingredients on the menu. We enjoyed the burrito and burrito bowl. The portions were generous and more than satisfying. The staff was extremely friendly, we especially enjoyed talking to Dana. Her enthusiasm and excitment for the restaurant was infectious and open to suggestions. The atmoshere was great. Loved the decor. We are thrilled on our great find and look forward to the coffee bar with breakfast.

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
“Very fresh and tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Tried Java Burrito on a relatively slow Saturday and was impressed by the personal service and fresh tasting food. I love Chipotle, but there isn't one (yet) in this area. Java Burrito is, in my opinion, just as tasty as Chipotle. I had a pork salad with a very tasty peach salsa. My teens really enjoyed their burrito and soft tacos. Quite fresh and very filling. Java also offers coffee / espresso drinks, local-sourced food, wine, beer and tequila.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton Head Island
“Finally found a restaurant that makes the perfect made to order burrito.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Found Java Burrito by accident while shopping in Wexford. After living on Hilton Head for many years, I had given up on finding a great burrito like the ones I enjoyed in Colorado. But to my pleasant surprise, my search is over, my friend Martha and I found Java Burrito. The flavor of the shreaded pork was perfect, not over powering with spices or salt so flavor of the fresh ingredients could blend perfect with every bite. What is also very exciting, they use local farms and businesses to support their menu. We enjoyed a beer with the burrito and burrito bowl. The portions were generous and more than satisfying. The staff was extremely friendly, we especially enjoyed talking to Dana. Her enthusiasm was infectious and was open to suggestions. We are thrilled on our great rainy day find and looking forward to the coffee bar with breakfast. Thank you Java Burrito.
Kathy

Kennesaw, Georgia
“Good not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great atmosphere, kinda of a nicer Chipotle feel. Very similar food to Chipotle without the fair pricing and very small portions for the bowl compared to a Chipotle or Moes. My brother and I got the exact same thing (veggie bowls) but realized after we ate i was charged more for some reason. I also hate how places up charge for everything example…guacamole, chips, etc. Overall the place is OK. As a local I won't make the extra 5 minute hike from fiesta fresh for this.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tw02154
michael f, Owner at Java Burrito Co, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
We are sorry if your portions were incorrect. The style of service is all about communication. We try to portion correctly but everyone desires differently. If you want some more or less of something, we encourage our customers to verbalize their requests and it will be fulfilled. That's the beauty of it. Please give us another go and have a wonderful day.