“Pleasant evening”

Taste Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Taste Restaurant & Lounge is a casual dining experience, with award winning Executive Chef Amie Linton and her well trained team in the kitchen preparing American, Southern dishes with a contemporary flair. The dining room is enhanced with contemporary paintings, and hand-blown glass chandeliers.The bar/lounge area is inviting with glass chandeliers, pillows and comfortable seating arrangements. HAPPY HOUR SPECIALS:$1.00 Off Appetizers, Beer, Cocktails, and/or wine-by-the glass. Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7 PM in the Lounge/Bar or Dining Room
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Pleasant evening”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were greeted by the owners who gave us a tour of their new establisment. It was fantastic - from the lounge's great decor, to the best Martini it was the start of a fantastic evening. Service was attentive and the food was delicious. The chief created a vegetarian dish that I would have again, but I am sure she has others that will delite. A must go to place on Hilton Head.
We will be back.

• Visited April 2014

“Perfect ambiance, great drinks & apps!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I decided to give this restaurant a try based on prior trip advisor reviews. Was NOT disappointed :) Great decor/feel inside. Bright colors, dim lighting. We tried many different appetizers including the flatbread (shrimp & sausage) , the meat and cheese plate, the mediterranean sampler, and the shrimp cocktail. All were delicious. I also liked the unique jalapeno margarita - with just enough spice! The GM and two bartenders were very friendly and made our stay enjoyable. Thank you Taste - I will be back! :)

Hilton Head Island
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We had the opportunity to dine at Taste tonight! What a wonderful experience! The food, decor and service! The ceviche is unique, wonderful and an explosion of flavors! I ordered the duck with collard greens and Mac and cheese as my entree. What a combination of incredible flavors! My husband had the bouillubaisse with trout. Also excellent. We highly recommend Taste!

Visited April 2014
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Give it a try, Tasty”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went into the restaurant missing the old friend that used to be there (EAT) and not knowing what to expect. What we received was good, friendly service and very good food. We ate at the bar and Dan our barman was great, good drinks and conversation. Food was very good. My salmon was done just right and my wife's duck was equally good. We will be back and so should you!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Was anxious to experience this restaurant first hand after reading the rave reviews. The atmosphere/ambiance was wonderful. Excellent service provided by a warm and friendly waiter, but the quality of the food was disappointing. I had an Heirloom tomato salad where the tomato was tasteless and pale.... not rich, red and juicy which an Heirloom tomato is known for. Next was the soft shell crab entree. I wasn't told that it was breaded and deep fried, and it was lukewarm at best. Maybe I should've known better. On the positive, my martini was one of the best I've ever had. I would return to this restaurant, but I'd be more careful with what I ordered next time.