“Wonderful!!!”

Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Norwood
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Mark Anthony's on our recent trip to Hilton Head. The only mistake we made was going on our first night there (we had been up since 4 AM and we were all exhausted). We had a very pleasant waitress (Amelia) and the service she provided was excellent. The food was incredible, just as I was thinking I don't care how good it is I can't wait any longer, it arrived at our table. The quality, presentation and flavor were beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend and already have to my son and daughter who are visiting next year. We found it to be very affordable and very friendly, can't wait to go back and have the sweet potato gnocchi.

Ohio
“Fabulous !!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

After reading so many glowing reviews, we had to try Michael Anthony's. We decided to start with the early dining offerings - a great way to get a VERY reasonable "taste" of the service and food and we were blown away ! The early dining menu is wonderful, with nice selections, perfectly-sized portions and almost too much food. The price is incredible for the value received !!! Service is professional and attentive - thank you, Josh! - swift but not pushy, with attention to detail that really creates a fine dining experience. We will definitely include Michael Anthony's in our plans on our next trip to Hilton Head and strongly suggest that you do the same.

1 Thank tvlmartlt
McLean, VA
“The best Italian Food!”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Please try "Gnocchi di Patate con Salsa di Salsiccie e Funghi." This is the best gnocchi I have ever had! The wine list is perfect, great, romantic atmosphere! The deserts are perfect-try chocolate cake! You will never forget this restraint!

1 Thank twright_9
Atlanta
“Our Favorite!”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Wow! I have been a long time fan of this restaurant but I have to say our most recent visit blew us away. I started with the oyster special which were the best oysters I have every had - small and so sweet! My wife had her favorite appetizer - the scallops which she gets every time and swears it is the best scallop dish anywhere. For our main courses, I enjoyed the venison sirloin cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. My wife had one of the fish specials - sturgeon with a sauce made with lemons and capers. Both daily specials and both absolutely fabulous. For dessert, we shared the sampler which was a petite portion of tiramisu, profitarole and pana cotto. Perfect finish for a fabulous meal. We had a new server on this visit - young man named Ian and he did a great job, very knowledgable about the details of the specials that evening. The wine list is very nice with a nice variety of Italian and California wines. We are already anticipating our next meal on our next trip to Hilton Head!

1 Thank luvhhi94
New Jersey
“Excellent and Reliable”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I live on the island part of the year and this has always been a sure bet when it comes to a nice night out with excellent cuisine. The menu is diverse and innovatitive offering something for every palate without being over the top. The wine list is excellent and it is apparent a lot of time and thought is put into crafting it. Their staff seems to be very accomodating and overall attentive which is not always the case with a lot of the restaurants on the island. It is a family run restaurant which they all seem to take a lot of pride in and that becomes apparent when only spending a little time dining there. I would definetely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great meal or a night out. PS-reservations are a must in busy season or on the weekends.

2 Thank Jerzdiner