“Our Favorite!”

Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Wow! I have been a long time fan of this restaurant but I have to say our most recent visit blew us away. I started with the oyster special which were the best oysters I have every had - small and so sweet! My wife had her favorite appetizer - the scallops which she gets every time and swears it is the best scallop dish anywhere. For our main courses, I enjoyed the venison sirloin cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. My wife had one of the fish specials - sturgeon with a sauce made with lemons and capers. Both daily specials and both absolutely fabulous. For dessert, we shared the sampler which was a petite portion of tiramisu, profitarole and pana cotto. Perfect finish for a fabulous meal. We had a new server on this visit - young man named Ian and he did a great job, very knowledgable about the details of the specials that evening. The wine list is very nice with a nice variety of Italian and California wines. We are already anticipating our next meal on our next trip to Hilton Head!

1  Thank luvhhi94
Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed September 2, 2009

I live on the island part of the year and this has always been a sure bet when it comes to a nice night out with excellent cuisine. The menu is diverse and innovatitive offering something for every palate without being over the top. The wine list is excellent and it is apparent a lot of time and thought is put into crafting it. Their staff seems to be very accomodating and overall attentive which is not always the case with a lot of the restaurants on the island. It is a family run restaurant which they all seem to take a lot of pride in and that becomes apparent when only spending a little time dining there. I would definetely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great meal or a night out. PS-reservations are a must in busy season or on the weekends.

2  Thank Jerzdiner
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This food was allright, not outstanding, not the best Italian on the island by any means. The veal was undercooked, but the wine list was great. I make better pasta bolognese at home then these guys. The pasta came out of a box and that pretty much says it all. Not impressed.

3  Thank Tvteacher50
Reviewed August 6, 2009

If you are looking for a great dining experience, you must eat at Michael Anthony's on Hilton Head Island. Call ahead for reservations so you can be seated quickly. The menu is divine with the perfect variety of entres for all types of foodies. The spinach raviolli melts in your mouth and the meat from land to sea is cooked as close to perfection as one can get. Great wine menu and fantastic service. I will make this a must on my next trip to Hilton Head! (A heads-up for us average travelers, most dining experiences at finer restaurants on Hilton Head are leisurely ones. Plan for plenty of time to savor each bite and enjoy the conversation. Not for the impatient diner!)

1  Thank quicktripchick
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have been to this restaurant every time I visit Hilton Head. My trip is never complete without me dining there. The food is always perfectly prepared and the service is top-notch! Great wine selection!! ! If you want to eat great food and enjoy a lovely evening out, Michael Anthony's is the place to go. Always number one on my list! My wife has attended one of their cooking demonstrations and can't wait to try another one. Maybe I'll go with her next time!

1  Thank ilovefood2020