“Loved it”

Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 380 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This restaurant deserves it's high praise. We were seated in the upstairs dining room. The atmosphere is very nice casual. Our waiter ( with the baritone voice) was fabulous. He was knowledgeable and attentive. The table bread with a crisp crust and airy inside, which we dipped in olive oil & herbs, was very good.
I had a dish that was a special chicken dish. It was delicious. The rest of our party had the Penne alla Boscaiola, Veal involatini and the Salmon. Everyone raved about their meals.

We ate here last year when we visited HH and will continue to keep this on our list of restaurants to return to.

1  Thank GAAtltravel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed August 30, 2014

Awesome food, great services and nice atmosphere. It was obvious they're not used to having a lot of families there, but they were super helpful and the kids enjoyed dinner almost as much as we did. Have the fillet and don't skip dessert!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I had hoped for a tad better and that is really the story here.
First, our server was fabulous--interesting and very knowledgeable/ Peter.

As to the cuisine, the pasta a fagioli was good but non inspired. My lightly breaded and fried chicken had a very bland overall impression and was covered in my unsophisticated judgment with a very thin strip of cheese at room temperature and mixed salad, which I would call somewhat odd and unappealing.

I like this restaurant and will go back; I will simply try other menu items. I will definitely ask for Peter as the server.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Seeing the great reviews of this place, my family and I ate here for my mother's birthday which fell during our vacation week. I have decided that there are two types of italian places(and I LOVE them both): The type that serves large portions and the food sits heavy and the type of place that serves smaller, lighter portions (which having been to Italy is the more traditional italian way). This place falls into the latter. I had the Penne Boscaiola and it was light as a cloud and simply delicious. The caprese salad I had for an appetizer with in season tomatoes was also one of the best I have ever had. The service was great with very detailed descriptions of the specials (and there many of them!). Everyone in my family enjoyed their meal. To top it off the desserts were excellent. The sorbet refreshing and the tiramisu delicious. Overall, the high praise this place gets is much deserved. Excellent!

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Extremely well trained, friendly , informed , professional staff. Always delighted with the quality of the food as well as the presentation . The atmosphere is romantic - I would say we always make a point of dining here several times a year. Top Notch! Highest Compliments!

2  Thank lesliesusan