“Excellent Food, Calm Atmosphere, Pleasant Service/Wait Staff”

Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

All good here. Food was excellent, ambiance more upscale than your run of the mill Hilton Head places. The wait staff was smiling, pleasant and professional. Made everyone comfortable. I feel they overcharge for serving me my own wine (which is allowed but, for $20/btl).

After dinner, the owner (Tony) came over and we chatted for a bit. He and his wife own the place and the personal touch goes a long way.

This is not a restaurant for children in my opinion as their behavior is not appropriate (generalizing here but seems more the norm). Besides, a fine meal like this is not going to appeal to children.

Prices were correct for the value of the dishes (other than the corkage fee) so we all left happy, satisfied and smiling.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

A definite five star experience, and possibly one of the best meals we have ever had. The staff were welcoming and friendly, sat us promptly with our reservations, and we soon were enjoying some of the best cocktails ever. Kristian was warm and extremely knowledgable about the menu and the specials. My husband had pasta with lump crabmeat with garlic and oil; the pasta was clearly homemade, cooked to perfection, and nicely sauced with lots of crab. I had the best veal involtini I have ever had in my life, mouthwatering tender rollups of veal with prosciutto, provolone, and spinach. At the risk of sounding hyperbolic the panna cotta we split for dessert was better than what we had in the homeland, Italy. Kristian even gave us a marvelous suggestion for a breakfast restaurant the next day (which we will review subsequently!). All in all , a perfect evening. The staff must have had a rare misstep to merit some of the less than five star reviews. We would definitely go back, and may even eat there again before we leave!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was not planning on having a fine dining meal, but it was well worth it! My server Brooklyn was very knowledgable about the menu, was able to rattle off what seemed like 20 specials from memory and was prompt throughout the entire meal. Don't forget to end your meal with their house made limoncello!!!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Friends of ours had raved about Michael Anthony so we went with high expectations. Our view was more so-so than rave! My salmon was badly overcooked. Far too dry. My friend's pasta dish was under flavoured, verging on bland. But other dishes that our party of four had were excellent. Notably the desserts! Our waiter was really attentive and professional, the wine list is strong and well priced (tignanello at $130 is a good price anywhere) and the restaurant is a very smart and friendly place. I am giving it an average but that is perhaps a little harsh and if there was a box for good I would have ticked it.

1  Thank foxbat
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The food was top-notch on our third visit, as on previous visits. The Scottish salmon with lump crab was excellent. We sat upstairs this time, which we liked better. On our last visit, service was unnecessarily pretentious. This time Kristian & Peter provided excellent service - professional, but friendly.