“Signature Italian Cuisine”

Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Augusta, GA
“Signature Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife & I were vacationing on Hilton Head & found Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana on Trip Advisor. As usual, the large number of positive responses indicated general happiness & we'd like to add our voices to the accolades. Although it took our server 10 minutes to acknowledge us it was all uphill from there and the highlight was the food--absolutely superb, and with an extensive wine list with excellent varietals at all prices. I had the calamari & crab spaghetti with a wonderful pino grigio suggested by our waiter & my wife's pinot was perfect with her choices. The profiteroles were delectable, especially with the trio of dessert wines that were a bargain at $9 for a generous tasting of all three. Don't miss this excellent restaurant.

Tokyo, Japan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The pasta was amazing, all homemade. Our waiter Ryan was fantastic and had great recommendations. The wine list was also excellent. I will go back on my next trip to HHI. I strongly recommend you make reservations. We went on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was full.

1 Thank Nancy D
Chicago, Illinois
“Resting on reputation”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Was in Hilton Head last week for vacation with my family. Heard Michael Anthony's was a great place and made reservations for my wife and I to enjoy an evening to ourselves. Arrived at the restaurant and was advised that a table wasn't available, but they had a booth that was made for 2 ten year olds. So much for a nice evening of Italian food. Thank goodness catch 22 had room next door...

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Tom C
North Royalton, Ohio, United States
“Delicious meal, excellent wines, great service, wonderful atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tonight was our first visit to Michael Anthony's. We went early and were able to take advantage of the early dining menu of three courses for $18.50. The waiter brought us bruchetta and fresh bread with herbs and olive oil to enjoy as we looked over the menu. Both were delicious! I had a nice cabernet and my husband had a vodka and tonic. They offer a number of wine flights which were a nice option. I started with the beet salad and my husband had the Caesar salad, both of which were excellent. For the main course, I had the spaghetti with fresh lump crab - it was delicious. It was a perfectly sized portion (sized for the early dining menu) to make me satisfied, but not overly stuffed. My husband had the pork, which was also delicious and nicely portioned. For dessert, we had homemade crème puffs and tiramisu --- both were excellent! Our waiters (J&J) were helpful and attentive. We will definitely return on our next trip to Hilton Head!

2 Thank Pam J
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Amazing food and even better service...Thanks Jay”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have two small children, so I rarely get out with my wife for a nice date. I am so thankful that we decided to go to Michael Anthony's. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted by our friendly server Jay. He was patient and knowledgeable. We really enjoy great food, but were somewhat unnerved by the menu. I cannot overstate how comfortable Jay made us feel answering many questions with a smile and a great sense of humor. Some high end restaurants seem pretentious and make me a bit uncomfortable. This was not the case here at all. My wife and I split an appetizer and then a salad. Both were amazing. For dinner, we went a little more traditional with the peppercorn encrusted filet and the sautéed sea scallops. Both meals were among the best we have had anywhere. Jay suggested wines by the glass for each entrée that paired perfectly. We do not get out often, so I really just wanted to say thank you for making our evening special. We will be back and will be recommending your restaurant anytime friends are looking for an amazing meal.

1 Thank Trip S