“Our favorite on HHI and among our top 5 ANYwhere!”

Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 378 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana offers traditional regional Italian cuisine combining innovative presentations and style. The award winning culinary team presents a menu using the freshest ingredients for an unforgettable culinary experience featuring homemade gnocchi, succulent veal,daily selections of fresh fish and house-made desserts. Acknowledged by food and wine enthusiasts and critics alike, the restaurant presents a fine-dining experience combining an award-winning wine list, exquisite food, attentive service and the personal touch of a family-owned restaurant serving the Lowcountry since 2002. In addition, Michael Anthony’s operates a Cooking School conducting weekly hands-on and demonstration style cooking classes and a specialty Italian market. Please visit our website or call for information for our class schedule or dining reservations.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We go to MA's every time we're at HHI; last week we went twice. There are lots of other good choices, some with outdoor seating, but we haven't found one as great as this.
A comment about the Italian style: Certainly, the menu has an Italian focus, but the variety, presentation, and the flavor-full preparation of the regular menu selections and the multiple-course daily specials transcend the limits of the Italian peninsula's standard fare. Then there's the service: Make a reservation and the greeting you'll receive is like a homecoming welcome. The serving staff are prompt to appear for drink orders, wait staff are well versed in the menu's choices and provide detailed descriptions of each course's uniquely prepared daily offerings. Actual service is typically very prompt and that's true even when every table in view is occupied. Everything we've ordered every time we've been there has been top quality, so don't hesitate to pick something you like the sound of but have never tried.
Our favorite waiter is Josh, but in fairness we've never asked for or had another; my observation is every one I've seen is remarkably efficient and personable. A final thought: the wine list is outstanding, but we enjoy sampling the three 1/3-glass flights of different choices that are well-matched and come with individual descriptions.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been redefining my own company and have come to the realization that no matter what service you are in, "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE"!
As I entered Michael Anthony's without reservations, I was greeted by Chris. He greeted us through a sea of patrons with such sincere kindness and understanding that I almost felt he knew me and thought I was a VIP on the island. We were immediately seated and had wait staff and others tend to our every need. THE FOOD WAS EXCEPTIONAL !!!!!!! The atmosphere was supurb, and to top off a fabulous evening, Chris came back to our table to be sure we were satisfied. He spoke with us for a while, which reconfirmed that this "IS" the way Michael Anthony's operates. I will be back again and again.
Thank you. I hope I can reach this level of PLATINUM SERVICE with all of my clients. Kathy Witalisz

Reviewed November 1, 2012

After not having dined at this restaurant for many years due to high noise levels, we decided to give it another try based on reviews. We were not disappointed. We sat upstairs and the noise was moderate. The food was wonderful and the service was perfect. We will definitely return.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Having been a customer for 8 years at this Hilton Head Island based Italian restaurant ,I am very partial to this spot .........not only is the food and wine selection consistently outstanding,but the service is super .Being a native northeasterner,I have enjoyed more than my share of outstanding Italian
restaurants and Michael Anthony's is right there with any of the east coast spots . It is excellent and any visitor to the Island
should plan a visit .I recently was a part of a 14 person group at the restaurant and all greatly enjoyed the visit .

Reviewed October 30, 2012

So you're trying to decide where to enjoy that special dinner event and you see that Michael Anthony's is at the top of TripAdvisor's list of HH restaurants. My review is no different than the many before me. The food is great and the choices will certainly put a smile on your face. In my case, all of this is true with an added bonus. We sat at the bar and was served by Ryan. His knowledge of wines and the composition of the food on the menu, helped to make this visit special. Also, sitting at the bar area was one of HH's top master chefs, whose well known restaurant isn't open on Mondays. This is a big plus for Michael Anthony's when the best of the chefs eats at your restaurant on their day off.

1  Thank Mark R